High Quality from PCBMay due to Many Hi-tech PCB Assembly Equipments
PCBMay offers a great selection of SMT equipment including manual and automatic stencil printers, pick & place machines as well as benchtop batch and low to mid-volume reflow ovens for surface mount assembly.
At PCBMay, we understand that quality is the primary goal of PCB assembly.
The higher the product quality, the higher its reliability.
We work with our clients to ensure that our PCB assemblies comprise creative designs, with the requisite quality, and power to support industrial applications.
We are able to accomplish this due to our state-of-the-art facility, which comprises the latest in PCB design and assembly equipment.
Automatic Stencil Printer
PCBMay has advanced equipment such as automatic stencil printer machines.
- Squeegee system
- Stencil automatic position system
- Independent cleaning system
- PCB transfer and position system
- Easy-to-use interface humanized English/Chinese
- Image capture system
- 2D inspection & SPC
- CCD stencil alignment
- Automatic PCB thickness adjustment
- 3 stage conveyor(option)
SMT Pick & Place Machine
PCBMay has advanced equipment such as SMT pick & place machines.
- High accuracy and high flexibility for 01005, 0201, SOIC, PLCC, BGA, μBGA, CSP, QFP, up to fine-pitch 0.3mm
- Non-contact linear encoder system for high repeatability and stability
- Smart feeder system provides automatic feeder position checking, automatic component counting, production data traceability
- Perfect for small & medium volume production
- COGNEX alignment system “Vision on the Fly”
- Bottom vision alignment system for fine pitch QFP & BGA
- Built-in camera system with auto smart fiducial mark learning
- Dispenser system
- Vision inspection before and after production
- Universal CAD conversion
- Placement rate: 10,500 cph (IPC 9850)
- Ball screw systems in X- and Y-axes
- Suitable for 160 intelligent auto tape feeder
Automatic Chip Mounter
Lead-free Reflow Soldering Machine
PCBMay has advanced equipment such as Lead-free reflow soldering machines.
- Windows XP operation software with Chinese and English alternatives. The whole system under integration control can analyze and display the failure. All production data can be saved completely and analyzed.
- PC&Siemens PLC controlling unit with stable performance; high precision of profile repetition can avoid product loss attributed to the abnormal running of the computer.
- The unique design of the thermal convection of the heating zones from 4 sides provides high heat efficiency; the high-temperature difference between 2 joint zones can avoid temperature interference; It can shorten the temperature difference between big-size and small components and meet the soldering demand of complex PCB.
- Forced air cooling or water cooling chiller with efficient cooling speed suits all different kinds of lead-free soldering paste.
- Low power consumption (8-10 KWH/hour) to save the manufacturing cost.
AOI (Automated Optical Inspection) is a device that detects common defects encountered in welding production based on optical principles. AOI is a new type of test technology that is emerging, but it is developing rapidly, and many manufacturers have introduced AOI test equipment.
During the automatic inspection, the machine automatically scans the PCBA through the camera, collects images, compares the tested solder joints with the qualified parameters in the database, after image processing, checks out the defects on the PCB assembly, and displays the defects through the display or automatic signs/ Mark it out for repair by maintenance personnel.
Use high-speed and high-precision visual processing technology to automatically detect various mounting errors and soldering defects on PCB boards.
PCB boards can range from fine-pitch high-density boards to low-density large-size boards, and online inspection solutions can be provided to improve production efficiency and welding quality.
By using AOI as a tool to reduce defects, errors can be found and eliminated in the early stages of the assembly process to achieve good process control. Early detection of defects will avoid sending bad boards to the subsequent assembly stage. AOI will reduce repair costs and avoid scrapping unrepairable circuit boards.
PCB Assembly Rework
As far as the rework process of the entire SMT assembly is concerned, it can be divided into several steps such as desoldering, component re-shaping, PCB pad cleaning, component placement, soldering, and cleaning.
- Desoldering: This process is to remove the repaired component from the PCB of the fixed SMT component. The most basic principle is not to damage or damage the removed component itself, surrounding components, and PCB pads.
- Component reshaping: After the reworked components are desoldered, if you want to continue using the removed components, you must reshape the components.
- PCB pad cleaning: PCB pad cleaning is including pad cleaning and aligning work. Pad leveling usually refers to the leveling of the PCB pad surface of the removed device. Pad cleaning usually uses a solder cleaning tool such as an electric soldering iron, to remove the solder remaining on the pad, and then wipe with anhydrous alcohol or an approved solvent to remove fine substances and residual flux ingredients.
- Placement of components: Check the reworked PCB with printed solder paste; use the component placement device of the rework station to select the appropriate vacuum nozzle, and fix the reworked PCB to be placed.
- Soldering: The soldering process of rework can basically be classified as manual soldering and reflow soldering. It needs to be carefully considered according to the components and PCB layout characteristics, and the characteristics of the soldering materials used. Manual welding is relatively simple, mainly used for rework welding of small components.
With the rapid development of electronic technology, miniaturization of packaging, and high density of assembly, as well as the continuous emergence of various new packaging technologies, the requirements for circuit assembly quality are becoming higher and higher.
Therefore, higher requirements are put forward on inspection methods and technologies.
To meet this requirement, new detection technologies continue to emerge, and 3D automatic X-ray detection technology is a typical representative of them.
It can not only detect invisible solder joints, such as BGA (Ball Grid Array, ball grid array package), etc. but also qualitatively and quantitatively analyze the inspection results to find faults early.
At present, there are a wide variety of testing technologies used in the field of electronic assembly testing.
Commonly used are Manual visual inspection (MVI), In-circuit tester (ICT), and Automatic Optical Inspection (Automatic Optical Inspection). AOI), Automatic X-ray Inspection (AXI), Functional Tester (FT), etc.
First Article Inspection
PCBMay uses the first article inspection equipment to test the first article, which is much faster and accurate.
Please see the steps as following:
1.The operator sends the first article to be inspected to the IPQC workbench.
2.After receiving the first piece, IPQC will find the corresponding BOM table and coordinate file in the tester according to the specific model.
2.1. Import the BOM and coordinate files into the first inspection system respectively;
2.2. Automatically compare BOM and coordinate file errors;
2.3. Automatically identify each component type and standard value, upper and lower limits.
3. First article inspection.
3.1, Create a new test report for the first article to be tested;
3.2, Put the first article to be tested into the detector, scan the picture of the first piece and automatically identify the empty soldered components;
3.3, Start to test RC components and automatically determine PASS FAIL (with sound and light alarm);
3.4, For non-measurable components such as ICs, transistors, diodes, etc., the component library can be called to compare the model specifications and directions.
Lead-free Wave Soldering Machine
PCBMay has advanced equipment such as Lead-free wave soldering machines.
- Touch screen + PLC controlling unit, easy and reliable operation.
- External streamline design and modularized design inside are not only nice-looking but also easy for maintenance.
- Flux sprayer creates good atomization with low consumption of flux.
- Turbo-fan exhausting with shielding curtain can prevent atomized flux from spreading to the preheating zones and ensure the operation safety.
- Modularized heaters in preheating convenient for maintenance; Heating under PID control achieves stable temperature and smooth profile, which can solve the difficulty during the lead-free process.
- Soldering pot employing high-strength and distortion-free cast iron produce super thermal efficiency. Wave spouts made of Titanium ensure little thermal distortion and low oxidation.
- With automatic timing start-up and power-off of the whole machine.
A Look at Our PCB Assembly Capabilities and Equipment
Our facility includes a variety of workstations, prepping equipment, assembly lines, two production lines, and assorted systems for PTH and SMT processes.
The following points list all the equipment that is available in our facility.
Prepping and Kitting Equipment
- Ideal Wire Processor
- GPD CF-8 Component Former
- PEI OLAMEF TP6 Lead Formation System
- Hepco 8000-1 Axial Lead Formation System
- Material Storage with RoHS Compliance Area
- Hepco-APS 1500-1 Radial Lead Formation System
Production Lines Surface Mount Technologies
- Speed line MPM / Ultra-flex 3000
- Screen printer with 2D Camera System, Auto Pin Placement, Auto Wiper, etc.
Juki KE760 Pick & Place
- Laser Alignment & Vision System
- 7-mil Pitch, BGA, MicroBGA placement
- Placement at 12500 CPH (Laser centering/effective tact)
- One Multi-Nozzle laser head plus one high-resolution head
- From 0201 to 74 mm sq. component placement capability
Juki Matric Tray Changer
- Capable up to 44 different types of QFP,QFN,BGA,CSP,etc.
Heller XPM2 with Brush Roller Output and Lead-Free Compatible
- 10 zone air convection reflow including a 3 zone cooling system with nitrogen
Juki 2060 Pick & Place
- 5 Nozzles, 5 Heads
- Multi-nozzle vision centering
- Laser Alignment Vision Systems
- Laser Alignment & Vision Systems
- High Resolution & Standard Cameras
- Fine Pitch, BGA & Micro BGA placement at 16,000 CPH
- Plated Through Whole Technologies
- IAC TH Assembly Workstation
- Techmation Assembly Line
Technical Device Wave Solder System (Two machines) and Machine with Dancer Wave
- Lead-free capability and “Quick Change” solder pot
- Real-time 3-D graphic animation of system and process
- 3 convection preheaters, 1 infra-red preheater, and dual wave capability
- Skinner Flux Sprayer module with self-contained external fluxer cabinet
- User-friendly operator interface console with storage for 5000+ unique recipes