Exemplary Gerber PCB Manufacturer in China
Choosing a PCB supplier and manufacturer should boil down to the essential things. With PCBMay, you are guaranteed to get the best Gerber PCB for your money.
- Expert engineers to help you with PCB design
- Prototype PCB service and assembly
- Globally recognized PCB company
- We participate in PCB trade shows
- Shipment arrives on time
Your Gerber PCB Needs Now Available
Asking for Gerber PCB service is hassle-free with PCBMay. You really don’t want to gamble with unproven PCB companies—it’s not worth it.
Instead, trust the PCB industry leader in China. With extensive know-how and experience, we are the right guys for the job.
We will deliver top-class Gerber PCBs to you, wherever you are in the world. You can ask us any circuit board-related question 24/7.
Call us now!
Types of Gerber PCBTo Suit Your Interests
PCBMay’s Gerber PCB is Highly Esteemed
For turn-key PCB provider, go to PCBMay. You can get affordable Gerber PCB fabrication and service from us.
We are a quality brand in China, with more than 500 experienced workers in the PCB industry. We beat the competition because of our unbeatable price.
As you can see in this video, our facilities are updated. We only follow the strictest QC standards. These standards, like the ISO:9001 and ISO: 14001 are accepted world-wide.
Inquire now to get your Gerber PCB started!
Related Gerber PCB
Gerber PCB Production Details As Following Up
|Base Material||KB、Shengyi、ShengyiSF305、FR408、FR408HR、IS410、FR406、GETEK、370HR、IT180A、Rogers4350B、Rogers4000、PTFE Laminates(Rogers series、Taconic series、Arlon series、Nelco series)、Rogers/Taconic/Arlon/Nelco laminate with FR-4 material(including partial Ro4350B hybrid laminating with FR-4)|
|Board Type||Backplane、HDI、High multi-layer 、blind&buried PCB、Embedded Capacitance、Embedded resistance board 、Heavy copper power PCB、Backdrill.|
|Copper Thickness||Min. 1/2 OZ, Max. 10 OZ|
|Maximum Board Size||1100*500mm(43”*19”)|
|Min laser drilling size||4mil|
|Solder Mask||Green, Black, Blue, Red, White, Yellow,Purple matte/glossy|
|Surface Treatment||Flash gold(electroplated gold)、ENIG、Hard gold、Flash gold、HASL Lead free、OSP、ENEPIG、Soft gold、Immersion silver、Immersion Tin、ENIG+OSP,ENIG+Gold finger,Flash gold(electroplated gold)+Gold finger,Immersion silver+Gold finger,Immersion Tin+Gold finger.|
|Min. Annular Ring||3mil|
|Aspect ratio||10:1(HASL Lead free、HASL Lead、ENIG、Immersion Tin、Immersion silver、ENEPIG);8:1(OSP)|
|Impedance control||±5ohm(＜50ohm), ±10%(≥50ohm)|
|Other Techniques||Blind/Buried Via|
|Via in Pad|
Here there’re many laminate material datasheets, they’re useful and helpful for you, please see them:
|SUPPLIER||PCB LAMINATE||TYPE||MATERIAL DATASHEET||TG||TD||DK(1MHZ)||DK(1GHZ)||DK(10GHZ)|
|Hitachi||MCL-BE- 67G||Modified Epoxy||DOWNLOAD||140||340||4.9||4.4||–|
|N4000-13EP SI||Modified Epoxy||DOWNLOAD||210-240||350||–||3.4||3.2|
|Stablcor||ST325||–||DOWNLOAD||Thermal conductivity:75w/m.k(with 1oz copper)|
|ST10||–||DOWNLOAD||Thermal conductivity:325w/m.k(with 1oz copper)|
|Bergquist||ht-04503||–||DOWNLOAD||Thermal conductivity:2.2w/m.k(with 1oz copper)|
PCBMay offers flexible shipping methods for our customers, you may choose from one of the methods below.
DHL offers international express services in over 220 countries.
DHL partners with PCBMay and offers very competitive rates to customers of PCBMay.
It normally takes 3-7 business days for the package to be delivered around the world.
UPS gets the facts and figures about the world’s largest package delivery company and one of the leading global providers of specialized transportation and logistics services.
It normally takes 3-7 business days to deliver a package to most of the addresses in the world.
TNT has 56,000 employees in 61 countries.
It takes 4-9 business days to deliver the packages to the hands
of our customers.
FedEx offers delivery solutions for customers around the world.
It takes 4-7 business days to deliver the packages to the hands
of our customers.
5. Air, Sea/Air, and Sea
If your order is of large volume with PCBMay, you can also choose
to ship via air, sea/air combined, and sea when necessary.
Please contact your sales representative for shipping solutions.
Note: if you need others, please contact your sales representative for shipping solutions.
On our website you can use the following payment methods:
Telegraphic Transfer(TT): A telegraphic transfer (TT) is an electronic method of transferring funds utilized primarily for overseas wire transactions. It’s very convenient to transfer.
Bank/Wire transfer: To pay by wire transfer using your bank account, you need to visit your nearest bank branch with the wire transfer information. Your payment will be completed 3-5 business days after you have finished the money transfer.
Paypal: Pay easily, fast and secure with PayPal. many other credit and debit cards via PayPal.
Credit Card: You can pay with credit card: Visa, Visa Electron, MasterCard, Maestro.
Featuring the Best Gerber PCB from PCBMay
Does your PCB provider completely cover your needs for PCB design and assembly needs? If not, then it is time to switch to PCBMay. Our Gerber PCB production will ultimately please you.
- Support all Gerber file formats and extensions
- Highly-skilled engineers for your Engineering Question (EQ)
- Complete days captured for PCB drill data, legend, and soldermask details
- Verify your info and specs before production
- Update you about your order with WIP
What is so great about PCBMay? Well, we are a highly experienced, savvy PCB company, with more years of experience than our closest Competitors. We do not sacrifice quality by taking shortcuts with your Gerber PCB. In fact, we seek to exceed in excellence.
With regards to raw materials, we are well-stocked. We have complete, comprehensive sources for our copper cladding and surface finishing supplies. You don’t need to worry about PCB shortage, as we anticipate bulk orders every day. Definitely, we will see to it that your Gerber PCB order is completed on your specified timeline.
For advanced PCB services like Rigid-flex PCB, Multilayer HDI PCB, and Backdrill PCB, we can handle these too. We have trained our industrial workers using global standards. Gerber PCBs are routinely part of our job.
Save time and money by asking about our full range of PCB products. We specialize in industrial types of circuit boards, but if you only need one PCB for your personal project, that is easily accommodated. For your Gerber PCB production, we don’t require MOQ.
What more are you waiting for? Contact us now. We eagerly await your call or message.
Gerber PCB: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
Have you ever thought about your PCB design? How do manufacturers make them? It is from your Gerber PCB file.
The Gerber file is like the written recipe of food. The manufacturers need a well-documented file of your designed PCB. Gerber files do the job here.
So, the Gerber file is one of the most critical documentation in manufacturing PCBs. You might be seeking to gain some more knowledge about Gerber circuit board files.
In this article, you will find the Gerber PCB explained. You need to go through the entire article to get the answers to your questions.
- What Is The Gerber PCB File?
- How Do You Utilize Gerber PCB Files For PCB Production?
- How Do You Create Gerber PCB Files In PCB Design?
- What Are The Making Processes Of A Gerber PCB After Generating A Gerber File?
- How Important Is The Gerber PCB File In PCB Manufacturing?
- How Does A Gerber PCB Editor Function?
- What Should You Consider Designing A Gerber PCB Board?
- What Are The Types Of Gerber PCBs?
- How Important Are The Electrical Properties Of Gerber PCB Materials?
- How To Convert PCB To Gerber?
- What Is Controlled Impedance On Gerber PCB?
- What Are The Types Of Gerber PCB Printing Process?
- Which Software Is The Best For Gerber PCB Design?
- What Are The Gerber PCB Grounding Rules?
- Which Things Are Required To Be Verified In Gerber PCB Files?
- How Do I Open Gerber PCB Files?
What Is The Gerber PCB File?
Gerber files for PCBs include information on the physical layers of the PCB. It is an ASCII vector format that is free to use. Traces, pads, solder mask, paste, and silkscreen are all represented by a vector in the board’s design.
The vector performs actions by drawing a code or flash, determined by a sequence of coordinates, on the screen. The Gerber PCBs are manufactured by companies that pay attention to the specifics of the physical layers of the PCBs.
PCB Design Need To Converted Into Gerber PCB File Before Manufacturing
The computer program you use to create the printed circuit boards (PCBs) is the most common method of generating Gerber Files. In RS-274X, you will discover a standard Gerber File format widely used today.
It is not required to name the Gerber text file that contains the Gerber PCBs information. However, you will often come across several popular extensions, such as .gbr or .gb.
How Do You Utilize Gerber PCB Files For PCB Production?
Previously, PCB makers formed tooling films using vector photo plotters. These tooling films were utilized in the production of PCBs. The engineers used concentrated light with a specific aperture to expose the film. In this case, they use a created flash to expose the film and draw the pads and traces.
Conducting the method has several drawbacks. Gerber PCB makers now utilize a new flashing method that exposes the film with a raster laser.
Gerber File Uses Flashing Method To Exposes The Film With A Raster Laser
The PCB lines may now be drawn in half the time, thanks to the laser plotter. The new shooting technique can also keep track of the history of Gerber files. A Gerber file provides plotter configuration information that is needed to provide instructions.
Gerber data has grown in tandem with PCB functionality since its inception. Along with aperture and macro definitions, it now offers extra setup information. The X/Y axes are configured following the flash and drawing instructions.
You’ll see that the laser plotter uses the same old Gerber data. However, the earlier aperture limits are not applied. The laser plotter turns the Gerber values together into a vector file in the first place. Following the conversion, the data tells the laser plotter how to make the film.
Despite the widespread usage of Gerber data PCB files, it is constantly changing. Gerber PCB makers began using direct imaging on copper to keep up with the newest technology. This phenomenon does not need the use of film.
The makers also develop PCB images in a new database format, which increases network communication.
How Do You Create Gerber PCB Files In PCB Design?
You need to create the Gerber file of your designed PCB for the manufacturer. The Gerber file creation varies based on the software you use. You may face complexity with the old PCB software to create the Gerber PCB files.
But, the modern CAD applications facilitate the creation of the Gerber files in simple ways. You need to create Gerber files based on the layers of your PCBs. Suppose you are designing an 8-layer PCB. You need to create separate 8 Gerber PCB files for each layer.
You may often create additional Gerber files for the bottom and top solder mask, silkscreen, and solder paste layers.
Select Everything You Need To Create Gerber File In Eagle
On the other hand, the silkscreen and the paste layer will only need the Gerber file generation if included in the PCB design.
If you use Eagle Gerber PCB software, you need to follow the following steps to create a Gerber PCB file.
- Activate the CAM processor.
- Now, start a job that has already been specified.
- If a silkscreen file is required, you may include it.
- Create Gerber files for each layer of the printed circuit board.
- Incorporate the files for the drilled holes.
- Take a look at the output.
The following video shows the things about creating Gerber PCB files in detail.
What Are The Making Processes Of A Gerber PCB After Generating A Gerber File?
All electronics start with a drawing, and the Gerber PCBs are so on. You need to design the PCB with PCB design tools. After finishing the PCB design, your manufacturing will be created.
Before creating the Gerber files, firstly, you need software. You can use the PCB software free download as well. Your PCB manufacturer will use the Gerber to PCB converter for manufacturing the final Gerber PCB.
Following are the PCB manufacturing processes from a Gerber file.
Printing The Layout On The Boards
The manufacturer will print the PCB layout you designed based on the Schematic diagram before starting the PCB layout design. The layout printing may use 3D printing, laser printing, or heat printing.
Etch The Traces
After printing the PCB layout on the boards, you must etch the conductive traces. You may use the chemical etching process or the processes mentioned in the previous section.
Drill The Holes
After etching the traces, you need to drill the necessary holes to connect the layers of the Gerber PCBs. These plated holes are known as vias.
PCB Plated Holes
Coating And Finishes
Ensure necessary coating and surface finishes to prevent the oxidation and destruction of Gerber PCBs.
Place The Components
Now place the necessary components on your Gerber PCB as per the schematic drawing. Don’t arrange the components wrongly. After putting them in the right places, solder them with utmost care.
After successfully placing the components, route the lines among the elements to pass the signals. Try to avoid auto-routing.
After routing, clean your PCBs very well. Now your Gerber PCB is ready to perform.
How Important Is The Gerber PCB File In PCB Manufacturing?
The PCB designer must develop separate Gerber files to build a PCB. It’s necessary for a variety of reasons.
Consider this: you and the Gerber PCB maker aren’t utilizing the same design program. Any design tool will work with the independent and unique Gerber file.
It’s okay to utilize a separate Gerber file even if you use the same design tools. It’s possible that applying modifications to the Gerber files may result in mistakes. Individual Gerber PCB files, on the other hand, let you receive the proper PCBs at the right time.
Gerber PCB File Is The Essential Document To Make PCBs
If you’re a design engineer, you’ll also need to know how to create Gerber files. Because solder mask, silkscreen, and conductive layers are all affected by Gerber data PCB.
When developing PCBs with almost similar features, it’s necessary to produce separate Gerber files.
Gerber files command on how to construct the physical structure of PCBs.
How Does A Gerber PCB Editor Function?
A Gerber PCB editor’s primary role is to edit and alter existing Gerber files. The Gerber PCB editor takes existing Gerber files and changes them by editing them.
Gerber editors are mostly found as extensions of different Gerber PCB viewers. Unfortunately, these are not free-to-use tools.
Gerber PCB File Editors Allow A Little Modification To The PCB Design
On the other hand, the Gerber PCB files can be edited directly. Going back to the original CAD files will assist here. Then, using the Gerber generator, change and re-generate the files. You must have access to the CAD files and software to alter them.
What Should You Consider Designing A Gerber PCB Board?
The design and making of a Gerber PCB are crucial to making a successful and reliable PCB unit. If you do not consider several vital facts, you may end up with an inefficient unit of PCB.
So, what facts should you consider making a PCB?
You should keep in mind the following fact in making Gerber PCBs.
- At the very first, determine the size and shape of the board.
- Determine the manufacturing process you will want to use to produce the Gerber PCBs.
- Determine the layer stack up and vias types. For multilayer PCB, it is crucial to arrange the layers of the PCB correctly.
Multilayer PCB Stack Up
- Consider the materials and components you want to use. Make sure they are available and high-graded.
- Consider the placement of the different components. Design the board so that you can separately place digital and analog components.
- Keep the power planes and ground planes internally with the layers of the boards.
What Are The Types Of Gerber PCBs?
You will find several types of Gerber PCBs. In terms of rigidity and layers, they are seen as follows.
Single-sided PCBs are the most common type of PCBs. You will find a conductive copper layer on it. You will find all components on the opposite side of the conductive layer.
In the double-sided PCBs, there are two conductive layers available. Plated through-holes, also known as vias, connect the conductive layers.
Multilayer Gerber PCB
Multilayer PCBs explain themselves as they are named. There are at least three conductive layers in a multilayer PCB. You may find even more than 100 conductive layers in a multilayer PCB.
How Important Are The Electrical Properties Of Gerber PCB Materials?
When choosing Gerber PCB materials, you need to check the different properties. The electrical properties of the Gerber PCBs are essential because they play vital roles in material efficiency. They are as follows.
- Dielectric Constant: The standard PCB materials’ dielectric constant is 3.5 to 5.5. It changes with frequency. A stable dielectric constant is essential for stable high frequency.
FR4 Is A Good Dielectric Material
- Loss Tangent: the dielectric loss tangent is related to loss of the materials rate. The low loss tangent loses more minor material losses. The standard range of loss tangent should be between 0.001 to 0.02.
- Volume Resistivity: Electricity resistivity of the dielectric materials is known as volume resistivity. The material with high resistivity should be used as Gerber PCB materials.
How To Convert PCB To Gerber?
PCB manufacturers use Gerber PCB files to create printed circuit boards. The machine that manufactures PCBs is incapable of reading PCB design files. As a result, the design engineers must convert the PCB designs to Gerber files before sending them to the manufacturers.
The next section will see how engineers turn the PCB files into Gerber files. With this section, we will demonstrate how to complete the procedure in the Altium Designer program.
- To begin, open the.PCB file in Altium Designer and make any necessary changes. Then pick “Files”> “Fabrication Output”> “Gerber Files” from the drop-down menu.
- Now, go to General Settings and set the precision to 2:5 (or 0.01 mill)
- Set the layers at this point. Make sure that the mechanical layer has a distinct contour. There will be no inner layer for double-sided printed circuit boards in this instance. “Used On” should be selected in the Plot Layers, and “All Off” should be chosen in the Mirror Layers.
- Check to see that the “Embedded Apertures” have been marked. The Gerber version RS274X is used for the Embedded Aperture.
- After you’ve double-checked that everything is in working order, click OK. Your Gerber file is now ready to be saved.
To Manufacture A PCB, You Need To Convert PCB File To Gerber File
Here is a PCB to Gerber format video in Proteus Software:
What Is Controlled Impedance On Gerber PCB?
This is known as circuit impedance when a circuit operates at high frequencies and uses a mix of capacitance and inductance to accomplish its task.
On the other hand, a controlled impedance match is the matching of trace dimensions and positions, known as impedance matching. The matching process guarantees that the PCBs maintain a steady high frequency throughout a specific range of frequencies.
Controlled Impedance Is A Must To Ensure Uninterrupted Signal Passing
The impedance matching of the Gerber printed circuit boards is critical to the functioning of the panels. The primary function of the matching impedance is to maintain the power and signal integrity.
If you cannot maintain a controlled impedance, your transmitted signal from the transmitting region to the receiving area will not be in a normal operating condition.
What Are The Types Of Gerber PCB Printing Process?
You may use different PCB printing methods to print your Gerber PCB on the boards. 3D printing and Laser printing are among them.
- 3D Printing: A CNC 3D printing machine prints the PCB on the board. You can use two 3D methods. One will etch the conductive traces during the printing. Another technique will make the hollow traces, which you can fill with copper later.
3D Printed PCB
- Laser Printing: A laser printer will print the circuit on a copper board as per the design. The laser machine will transfer the laser toner on the board. After printing the circuits, you need to soak the board to hydrochloric acid and hydrogen peroxide to remove the copper from the surface. After removing the copper from the board, acetone or nail polish is used to remove the laser toner from the etched traces.
Which Software Is The Best For Gerber PCB Design?
There are a lot of design tools for Gerber PCBs. All of them have their aspects of designing. They all are powered with the necessary toolset.
They also feature necessary features to design the Gerber PCBs.
Every Designing Tool Has Its Aspect Of Design
So you cannot decide on a particular software designing tool of its superiority. But you can consider the following PCB designing software among the best ones.
- Altium Designer
- Fusion 360
- NI Multisim
- KiCad EDA
- Autodesk EAGLE
- SolidWorks PCB
- ExpressPCB Plus
What Are The Gerber PCB Grounding Rules?
PCB grounding is a technique of returning anomalous electricity to the Earth used in the. Grounding is characterized by a physical link between electronics and the environment. On the other hand, the electronics permit ground connection to the Gerber PCB by using a ground plane on the board.
PCB Grounding Protects The PCB From Electric Shocks
So, what are your thoughts on the significance of a solid grounding?
Grounding is an essential aspect of printed circuit board design. You must use the proper grounding to your Gerber PCBs to safeguard your Gerber PCBs.
Several standard guidelines must be followed to ground the PCBs correctly. The following are the details.
- Do not keep anything unattached. Make sure you link every conductive trace.
- For the multilayer PCBs, keep an entire layer for the ground. Do not etch any trace on this particular layer.
- Ensure a common ground point so that all grounds can come to the point. You can use your dedicated ground layer as the single ground point.
- Try to drill the minimum vias on your board’s ground path. If you have more vias on board, you have to deal with more impedance issues.
- Complete the grounding before routing starts.
- Understand how electric current comes and returns. It is essential for proper grounding. You can study Kirchhoff’s Current Law to understand the current’s traveling.
Which Things Are Required To Be Verified In Gerber PCB Files?
After finishing the design of the Gerber PCB file, you need to check several things in the file. You can fix any issues before starting the manufacturing process if you find any problems. You need to check the following items to ensure the flawless production of Gerber PCBs.
Gerber PCB Files In ZIP Folder
- Make sure you have created a Gerber file for all copper layers.
- Make sure you have created a Gerber file for solder mask layers.
- Make sure you have created a Gerber file for the silkscreen layer.
- Make sure you have created a Gerber drill file.
Inner Signal And Plane Layers Checking Facts
- Annular ring
- The width of the traces
- Thermal decomposition
PCB Annular Ring
Outer Layers Checking Facts
- The width of the traces
- Annular ring
Drill Checking Facts
- Missing hits
- Double hits
Solder Mask Checking Facts
- Clearances that have gone missing
- clearances that are too small, and
- Width of the line for Silkscreen
How Do I Open Gerber PCB Files?
You can use Gerber PCB viewer software to open Gerber PCB files. Gerber PCB viewers are software that allows you to open the Gerber files.
They use an extensive toolset to open the Gerber files. Also, different Gerber file editors allow users to view and edit the Gerber files.
You will be able to export the Gerber design files for PCB into various formats. They are PDF, PNG, SVG, JPG, JPEG, etc. These saved formats allow you to print them on paper.
Following is the list of different software you can use to open the Gerber PCB files.
- Gerber Viewer
- GerbEx, etc.
You can also view your Gerber PCB files in online Gerber PCB viewers. Gimp and Ucamo are among the online viewers.
Gerber PCB files are the most critical documentation for manufacturing PCBs. You cannot directly manufacture your PCBs from the PCB files. There are many designing skills and senses needed to design a PCB and create a Gerber PCB file.
PCB designing is not as easy if you are not a professional. So, you should rely on a reliable PCB manufacturer to produce your desired PCBs.
PCBMay is one of the experienced PCB manufacturers in China. We have been providing PCB manufacturing for a long time. We provide the best quality products as you require. You may contact us for your desired services and a cost-effective quote.