Your Reliable Rigid PCB Manufacturer in China
PCBMay is a professional rigid PCB manufacturer in China
For over 12 years, we have been doing this job very well.
In fact, we have 3000+ satisfied international and domestic customers.
We can provide many various types of Rigid PCBs for all of your projects due to our extensive knowledge.
No matter where you are in the world, we will deliver your circuit board on time!
PCBMay: Your Trusted Rigid PCB Supplier in China
- Over 12 years of PCB manufacturing experience
- From single-sided to 40 layers PCB
- Sufficient raw material in stock to support your orders
- No minimum order quantity for your new order
- 24h quick-turn service for your prototype PCB
- 7/24 sales and engineering tech support
If you are looking for the perfect provider for your rigid circuit boards, then you have come to the right place. In this piece, we’ll go over everything you need to know about this subject.
Rigid PCB Series
Rigid PCB By Layers (5)
Rigid PCB By Surface Finish (5)
Rigid PCB By Materials (6)
PCBMay Rigid PCB Properties
You can rely on our ability to create customized PCBs and multilayer PCBs. We have the necessary engineering skills, employees, and inventory.
Base Material: Aluminum, FR4, Polyimide, CEM-1&3, and Rogers.
The thickness of Copper: 0.3oz to 20oz
Minimum Hole Size: 0.1mm
Minimum Line Width: 2.5mil
Minimum Line Spacing: 2.5mil
Layers: 1 – 40 layers
Please do not hesitate to inquire if you want any other customized specs.
PCBMay Rigid PCB Production
If you need Rigid PCB designs, we have the PCB engineers who can help you. However, we can also solidly follow your design as stated.
When you provide for us a Gerber file, we will get working on your board as soon as possible. Don’t fear, as we have the manpower to fulfill your orders fully.
In terms of raw materials, we have adequate stocks in our massive facilities.
We offer our services as your OEM. As well, we you can get full technical support when you need it most.
Highly Capable Rigid PCB Manufacturer
Rigid PCBs come in a variety of shapes and sizes, as well as classifications.
But one thing is certain about them: they must be manufactured by a world-class manufacturer or you will not achieve the desired outcomes.
Our manufacturing plant’s notable qualities are undoubtedly the reason why you can put your trust in us. After more than a decade in the industry, you could say we’ve gained a lot of experience.
If you have an idea for something you want to do with your Rigid PCB, please contact us; we would gladly accommodate you.
Why Choose PCBMay for Your Rigid PCB
Are you looking for a valuable rigid PCB manufacturer in China? PCBMay is your best choice. We can provide many types of rigid PCB for your projects, including single-sided layers, double-sided layers, multilayer printed circuit boards, aluminum PCBs, metal core PCBs, high-frequency PCBs, Rogers PCBs, and so on.
As an ISO 9001 and 14001 certificated company, PCBMay always puts quality first. We strictly follow up on your requirement and offer high-quality rigid PCB for you.
We have sufficient PCB raw materials in stock, like KB, Shengyi, Arlon, Rogers, ITEQ, Taconic, and Teflon.
Please send your quote to us right now, we will offer the quotation immediately.
Rigid PCB Fabrication
We utilize PCB Quality Testing to ensure that our PCB fabrication is of the highest quality.
First, we ensure that your PCB design is valid.
Following that, we closely adhere to the technological criteria.
After that, we double-check the PCB test sites.
In addition, we double-check dimensions, route, and preference.
Finally, we double-check the design drawings for accuracy.
Our dedicated employees treat you with care. At PCBMay, we begin always with courteous asking of your wants.
After a sales quote, you can specify when you want your PCB to be fiished.
We can complete a PCB order in as little as 24 hours.
We can provide a free sample for bulk purchases so you can be sure.
After sales support is available 24/7 for your safety.
Make a request right now!
OEM & ODM Rigid PCB Applications
Rigid PCB Production Details As Following Up
|Base Material||KB、Shengyi、ShengyiSF305、FR408、FR408HR、IS410、FR406、GETEK、370HR、IT180A、Rogers4350B、Rogers4000、PTFE Laminates(Rogers series、Taconic series、Arlon series、Nelco series)、Rogers/Taconic/Arlon/Nelco laminate with FR-4 material(including partial Ro4350B hybrid laminating with FR-4)|
|Board Type||Backplane、HDI、High multi-layer 、blind&buried PCB、Embedded Capacitance、Embedded resistance board 、Heavy copper power PCB、Backdrill.|
|Copper Thickness||Min. 1/2 OZ, Max. 10 OZ|
|Maximum Board Size||1100*500mm(43”*19”)|
|Min laser drilling size||4mil|
|Solder Mask||Green, Black, Blue, Red, White, Yellow, Purple matte/glossy|
|Surface Treatment||Flash gold(electroplated gold)、ENIG、Hard gold、Flash gold、HASL Lead-free 、OSP、ENEPIG、Soft gold、Immersion silver、Immersion Tin、ENIG+OSP, ENIG+Gold finger, Flash gold(electroplated gold)+Gold finger, Immersion silver+Gold finger, Immersion Tin+Gold finger.|
|Min. Annular Ring||3mil|
|Aspect ratio||10:1(HASL Lead-free 、HASL Lead、ENIG、Immersion Tin、Immersion silver、ENEPIG);8:1(OSP)|
|Impedance control||±5ohm(＜50ohm), ±10%(≥50ohm)|
|Other Techniques||Blind/Buried Via|
|Via in Pad|
Here there’re many laminate material datasheets, they’re useful and helpful for you, please see them:
|SUPPLIER||PCB LAMINATE||TYPE||MATERIAL DATASHEET||TG||TD||DK(1MHZ)||DK(1GHZ)||DK(10GHZ)|
|Hitachi||MCL-BE- 67G||Modified Epoxy||DOWNLOAD||140||340||4.9||4.4||–|
|N4000-13EP SI||Modified Epoxy||DOWNLOAD||210-240||350||–||3.4||3.2|
|Stablcor||ST325||–||DOWNLOAD||Thermal conductivity:75w/m.k(with 1oz copper)|
|ST10||–||DOWNLOAD||Thermal conductivity:325w/m.k(with 1oz copper)|
|Bergquist||ht-04503||–||DOWNLOAD||Thermal conductivity:2.2w/m.k(with 1oz copper)|
PCBMay offers flexible shipping methods for our customers, you may choose from one of the methods below.
DHL offers international express services in over 220 countries.
DHL partners with PCBMay and offers very competitive rates to customers of PCBMay.
It normally takes 3-7 business days for the package to be delivered around the world.
UPS gets the facts and figures about the world’s largest package delivery company and one of the leading global providers of specialized transportation and logistics services.
It normally takes 3-7 business days to deliver a package to most of the addresses in the world.
TNT has 56,000 employees in 61 countries.
It takes 4-9 business days to deliver the packages to the hands
of our customers.
FedEx offers delivery solutions for customers around the world.
It takes 4-7 business days to deliver the packages to the hands
of our customers.
5. Air, Sea/Air, and Sea
If your order is of large volume with PCBMay, you can also choose
to ship via air, sea/air combined, and sea when necessary.
Please contact your sales representative for shipping solutions.
Note: if you need others, please contact your sales representative for shipping solutions.
On our website you can use the following payment methods:
Telegraphic Transfer(TT): A telegraphic transfer (TT) is an electronic method of transferring funds utilized primarily for overseas wire transactions. It’s very convenient to transfer.
Bank/Wire transfer: To pay by wire transfer using your bank account, you need to visit your nearest bank branch with the wire transfer information. Your payment will be completed 3-5 business days after you have finished the money transfer.
Paypal: Pay easily, fast and secure with PayPal. many other credit and debit cards via PayPal.
Credit Card: You can pay with credit card: Visa, Visa Electron, MasterCard, Maestro.
“Your engineer provided a solution that will completely change the way I design PCBs. I agreed on a price, and it arrived a few days later. It was a natural fit for what I was seeing. Witnessing the rise in speed astounded me. This is just incredible. There is no need to purchase extra components. Congratulations on a job well done and a job well done. You’re also on time. That is something I admire.”Tronte Nielsen, Category Purchasing Manager from Germany
“Thank you so much to the PCBMay tech support team for assisting me with my PCB supply chain issue. I would definitely suggest your services, and I will be ordering from you again because you were willing to go above and beyond to assist me. Items were delivered on time at my front door. Professional, reasonably priced, and extremely friendly service. Will most certainly use again in the future – highly recommended”Mehr Gottula, PCB Layout Engineer from Greece
“I was able to upgrade an old project using your products. As a result, I’ve switched to ordering in bulk from PCBMay. It’s like new, and their service was exceptional. They not only improved the device’s design, but they also kept in touch throughout the process. It’s also a great deal! Also, a fantastic procedure! Please keep going with the fantastic services and products you offer here.”Stefan Tzortzoglou, Procurement Officer from Crete
Related Other PCBs
Rigid PCB: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
Rigid PCBs are used in a wide range of applications, and we hear many questions from our clients on rigid PCBs.
So, we came up with a complete FAQ guide on rigid PCB to help you out.
We hope that you get interesting ideas to help you along your PCB project.
Because we know how important updated know-how is, we made sure the information here is credible.
Rigid PCB is a type of regular PCB with slight differences.
You can not twist or fold like a flexible PCB as it contains an FR4 stiffener. That makes them rigid and stiffer.
PCB or Printed Circuit Boards are of three types: single, double, and multi-layer. Also, a PCB can be flexible, rigid, or rigid-flexible.
It is made of rigid materials, which give them extra strength and rigidity.
Copper trances and paths build rigid PCBs. They are incorporated on a sole board to connect the different board components.
Of course, the board’s base material is made of rigid substances to provide the board’s necessary rigidity and strength.
You can not force or bend a rigid circuit board, and it is not flexible. You can find single, double, or multi-layer rigid printed circuit boards. Once the manufacturing process is complete, you can not fold or modify a rigid board into any other shape.
Do you want to know some practical examples of rigid PCBs? You see them in your everyday life. Mobile phone PCBs and computer motherboards.
The characteristics of rigid PCB are as follows:
- It does not fold or twist like a flexible PCB. Rigid PCB comes with FR4 reinforcement, and therefore it comes with extra stiffness.
- It comes with high density. The high density helps to integrate integrated circuits for the advancement of mounting technology.
- It is made of copper trances and paths that help connect various board components. The base material of rigid PCB is built with rigid substances to provide extra rigidity.
- It provides high reliability. A well-designed and tested Rigid board can be operated for many years.
Rigid PCB Properties
- Much modern equipment and devices use rigid PCB in various devices. For example computers, mobile phones.
- Flexible PCB is expansive, and a rigid printed circuit board is cheaper. Most electronics devices use rigid circuit boards, which is a big reason for the reduced price of electronic devices.
There are three major types of rigid printed circuit boards (RCBs):
Single-Sided PCB: This is the most basic rigid PCB that manufacturers offer to customers. Here the circuit board has only one layer of copper on one side.
This type of rigid printed circuit board has a simple design and quick manufacturability, therefore best for rapid production
Double-Sided PCB: This type of PCB comes with copper conductive layers on both sides, and so, they are called double-sided PCB. This type of PCB has become industry standard now.
You will find double-sided PCBs in various applications such as fine line surface mounting, coating, solder, and high copper builds.
Multi-layer PCB: As the name suggests, these PCBs come with numerous copper conductive layers separated by equal dielectric layers.
These PCBs can contain up to 14 to 16 conductive copper layers. These PCBs offer you the flexibility to the designers that no other PCB can.
Rigid PCBs can hold up to 40 layers. Want to know more about the manufacturing process of multi-layer PCB? Read our guide to the multilayer PCB manufacturing process.
To know more about the types of PCBs watch the below video
Like any other PCBS manufacturer, use a specific procedure for rigid PCB boards. Here is the sum-up of the entire manufacturing process:
- Material Preparation: The manufacturing process begins with a bare production board. Manufacturers clean the production board using various chemicals and send it for the application of photoresist film. Proper precautions are taken in the transportation process to protect the board from damage.
- Circuit Pattern Exposure: After finishing the photoresist application, manufacturers lay the board for numerous circuit artwork patterns. They use UV light for transforming circuit images over the production panels. The process is performed either on a single side or both sides of the board.
- Etching: After transforming the circuit pattern on the board, etching begins. In this process, manufacturers chemically etched the circuit patterns onto the board. Manufacturers use specialized automatic chemical etching machines and other special handling equipment to perform the operation.
- Drilling: After etching the circuit pattern onto the board, it’s time to drill holes for the circuit patterns. All the holes must adhere to the specifications and must be of a specific size. Manufacturers use special drilling machines or laser drills to accomplish the size. Laser drills can cut a clean hole quickly.
- Copper Plating: After completing the drilling process, it’s time for the copper plating process. In this process, manufacturers apply additional copper onto the circuit board for creating a layer-to-layer connection. Manufacturers use an automatic copper plating system for this operation.
- Mounting: Now it’s time to prepare the PCB. Typically manufacturers use Routing or CNC technology for rigid PCBs. Manufacturers pass the leads of the components through the drilled holes and solder to pads on the circuit board’s opposite side.
- Testing: Before declaring the rigid PCB fit for any application, it must go through several testing procedures: Automated Optical Inspection (AOI), Electrical, and Functional. The electrical test ensures every electrical connection of the rigid PCB is working fine. AOI tests assembling and soldering Functionality test confirms that the rigid PCB is functional and ready for production.
Rigid PCB designers consider various performance features to pick and choose materials to manufacture rigid PCBs. Some of the popular choices are:
FR4 epoxy laminate: FR4 is the most commonly used material in rigid PCBs. They have excellent electrical, mechanical, and thermal properties. Besides, they provide ideal strength to weight proportion.
Teflon laminates: For high-speed circuitry applications, Teflon laminates provide superb electrical characteristics. Teflon laminates are pricier than polyamide laminates but deliver high-speed capabilities to the designers.
As the name suggests, rigid PCBs are more rigid than flexible PCBs. But there are some other notable differences between rigid and flexible PCBs. They are:
- Manufacturing process: Manufacturers use an overlay or overlay process for protecting exposed circuitry of flexible PCBs. Rigid PCBs, on the other hand, use solder mask procedures to protect their circuitry.
- Conductive material: Flexible PCBs are meant to bend. To achieve that, property manufacturers use rolled annealed copper in flexible PCB. Rigid PCBs don’t need those flexible characteristics and use electro-deposited copper.
- Costing: Rigid printed circuit board for its compact nature reduces the weight and size of the design. Flexible PCB, on the other hand, gives the flexibility to shrink the device size. Typically flexible PCBs are more expensive than rigid PCBs.
To know more difference between Rigid and Flex PCB please watch the video
- Typically they are cheaper than flex circuits. However, flexible PCBs can reduce the total production cost for some applications and, therefore, practically become less expensive than rigid PCBs. Confused? Flex PCBs may not need components like wire harnesses, other circuit boards, or connectors. Eliminating these components from your design automatically reduces assembly and labor costs, material costs, and scrap costs.
- Many everyday electronic devices use rigid PCBs, such as a Desktop, Flat TV screen, Laptop, SSD, Flat monitor, Audio keyboard, Toys, and many other electronic gadgets. And, you will find flex PCBs in more sophisticated devices such as Tablet computers, cameras, smartphones, wearables, etc.
- Some less sophisticated technologies also use flexible PCBs for their effortless installation process, such as LED lights.
Here is the list of IPC standards that are applied on both rigid and flexible PCBs. Please note that the ICP standard that we listed is not exhaustive. You can visit the IPC official website for the complete IPC standards list.
- IPC-2221A, PBC Design Generic Standard.
- IPC-2223, Sectional Design Standard for Flexible PCB’s sectional design standard.
- IPC-4101, Base Material’s specification for Multilayer and Rigid PCBs.
- IPC-4202, Flexible PCBs’s Base Dielectrics
- IPC-4203, Cover sheets’ Adhesive Coated Dielectric for flexible PCBs and Adhesive bonding films.
- IPC-4204, Flexible Metal-Clad Dielectrics for Flexible PCB fabrication.
- IPC-6013, Performance and Qualification Specification for Flexible Printed Wiring
Quality inspection is mandatory for every rigid PCB. You should perform three quality inspection methods to be 100% sure about your rigid PCB. They are:
Visual Inspection: You can perform the visual quality inspection using a gauge, ruler, glass and vernier caliper, etc.
Rigid printed circuit board Quality Control
Electrical Inspection: You can also call it, connecting performance tests. You can use a multimeter and test the conductivity of conductive patterns of your rigid PCB.
General Technology Inspection: You can test the plates’ adhesion and solderability using this inspection method.
You can adopt other inspection methods for more detailed inspection, and it is better to take the help of a professional QC test company for that purpose.
The actual price depends on multiple factors. With the factors listed here you will be able to determine the cost of rigid PCB:
- Size of the PCB – Larger size will cost more.
- The number of layers – More layers required additional production time and increased the rigid PCB cost.
- Complexity – More complex technology will increase the price of rigid PCBs.
- Weight of the Copper foil– Thin copper will cost less, and thick copper will cost more.
- Trace/Space – Tighter space or trace requires more work and increases the price.
- The drill to copper– Smaller drill to copper will increase the price.
- Controlled impedance – If the design contains controlled impedance, the price will rise.
Rigid PCB is widely used in various industries. They use solid, rigid, and inflexible substrate material that prevents the board from bending.
We hope the article provided a better understanding of rigid PCBs. We provide the best rigid PCB in the market, and always welcome our clients with any sort of inquiry.
Feel free to send us a message for your search.