Your Reliable Taconic Laminates Manufacturer in China
PCBMay has been the best Taconic laminates manufacturer since 2008. We have a wide range of Taconic laminates that fit your designs.
- 15+ years production experience
- Exported to more than 60 countries
- 50+ engineers for the R&D team
- Offers testing and box building services
Taconic Laminates is Your Best Choice for Your Project
PCBMay specializes in PCB manufacturing and assembly, offering high-quality Taconic laminates for your project. Our PCBMay Taconic laminates are highly customizable based on your requirements. Just share your ideas, drawings, or designs; our expert design engineers will handle the left. We have advance equipment to manufacture your Taconic laminates – precisely and high-quality. Please send us your inquiry now!
Types of Taconic Laminates Meet Your Requirements
Why Choose PCBMay for Your Taconic Laminates
PCBMay is your reliable Taconic laminates manufacturer and supplier in China. To produce a high-quality Taconic laminate, we adopt advanced equipment with Fuji machines, SPI, AOI, BGA rework facilities, and X-RAY. Besides, our box building and testing services allow us to complete the Taconic laminate processes.
More than 3000 customers from different countries have trust Taconic laminates. Since we commit to customer satisfaction, PCBMay will give you the best Taconic laminates and other products and services. Would you mind letting us know your Taconic laminate requirements? We can manufacture it for you!
Related Taconic Laminates
Taconic Laminates Production Details As Following Up
|Base Material||KB、Shengyi、ShengyiSF305、FR408、FR408HR、IS410、FR406、GETEK、370HR、IT180A、Rogers4350B、Rogers4000、PTFE Laminates(Rogers series、Taconic series、Arlon series、Nelco series)、Rogers/Taconic/Arlon/Nelco laminate with FR-4 material(including partial Ro4350B hybrid laminating with FR-4)|
|Board Type||Backplane、HDI、High multi-layer 、blind&buried PCB、Embedded Capacitance、Embedded resistance board 、Heavy copper power PCB、Backdrill.|
|Copper Thickness||Min. 1/2 OZ, Max. 10 OZ|
|Maximum Board Size||1100*500mm(43”*19”)|
|Min laser drilling size||4mil|
|Solder Mask||Green, Black, Blue, Red, White, Yellow,Purple matte/glossy|
|Surface Treatment||Flash gold(electroplated gold)、ENIG、Hard gold、Flash gold、HASL Lead free、OSP、ENEPIG、Soft gold、Immersion silver、Immersion Tin、ENIG+OSP,ENIG+Gold finger,Flash gold(electroplated gold)+Gold finger,Immersion silver+Gold finger,Immersion Tin+Gold finger.|
|Min. Annular Ring||3mil|
|Aspect ratio||10:1(HASL Lead free、HASL Lead、ENIG、Immersion Tin、Immersion silver、ENEPIG);8:1(OSP)|
|Impedance control||±5ohm(＜50ohm), ±10%(≥50ohm)|
|Other Techniques||Blind/Buried Via|
|Via in Pad|
Here there’re many laminate material datasheets, they’re useful and helpful for you, please see them:
|SUPPLIER||PCB LAMINATE||TYPE||MATERIAL DATASHEET||TG||TD||DK(1MHZ)||DK(1GHZ)||DK(10GHZ)|
|Hitachi||MCL-BE- 67G||Modified Epoxy||DOWNLOAD||140||340||4.9||4.4||–|
|N4000-13EP SI||Modified Epoxy||DOWNLOAD||210-240||350||–||3.4||3.2|
|Stablcor||ST325||–||DOWNLOAD||Thermal conductivity:75w/m.k(with 1oz copper)|
|ST10||–||DOWNLOAD||Thermal conductivity:325w/m.k(with 1oz copper)|
|Bergquist||ht-04503||–||DOWNLOAD||Thermal conductivity:2.2w/m.k(with 1oz copper)|
PCBMay offers flexible shipping methods for our customers, you may choose from one of the methods below.
DHL offers international express services in over 220 countries.
DHL partners with PCBMay and offers very competitive rates to customers of PCBMay.
It normally takes 3-7 business days for the package to be delivered around the world.
UPS gets the facts and figures about the world’s largest package delivery company and one of the leading global providers of specialized transportation and logistics services.
It normally takes 3-7 business days to deliver a package to most of the addresses in the world.
TNT has 56,000 employees in 61 countries.
It takes 4-9 business days to deliver the packages to the hands
of our customers.
FedEx offers delivery solutions for customers around the world.
It takes 4-7 business days to deliver the packages to the hands
of our customers.
5. Air, Sea/Air, and Sea
If your order is of large volume with PCBMay, you can also choose
to ship via air, sea/air combined, and sea when necessary.
Please contact your sales representative for shipping solutions.
Note: if you need others, please contact your sales representative for shipping solutions.
On our website you can use the following payment methods:
Telegraphic Transfer(TT): A telegraphic transfer (TT) is an electronic method of transferring funds utilized primarily for overseas wire transactions. It’s very convenient to transfer.
Bank/Wire transfer: To pay by wire transfer using your bank account, you need to visit your nearest bank branch with the wire transfer information. Your payment will be completed 3-5 business days after you have finished the money transfer.
Paypal: Pay easily, fast and secure with PayPal. many other credit and debit cards via PayPal.
Credit Card: You can pay with credit card: Visa, Visa Electron, MasterCard, Maestro.
Your Best Taconic Laminates Supplier
If you’re planning to purchase Taconic laminates for your project or business, PCBMay is the right place to go. We are a leading PCB manufacturer and PCB assembly supplier in China since 2008.
PCBMay has a skilled and expert worker who will handle the Taconic laminates fabrication. Our factory owns advanced equipment and machinery to produce Taconic laminates to fit customer’s projects.
To support your different projects, PCBMay will be producing different Taconic laminates for you. It may be Taconic tly-5, Taconic tly-5A, Taconic RF-35, or Taconic CER-10. No matter what you need, we can always satisfy your requirements.
There are different applications that Taconic laminates may apply. Whether you need it for complex and high-speed applications or microwave applications, Taconic laminates from PCBMay are the best ones!
PCBMay, as your reputable Taconic laminate manufacturer and supplier, ensures the product’s quality. Along with our professional quality controller, we manufacture a wide range of Taconic laminates with the qualities and properties to suit such applications.
Our Taconic laminates have low and stable dielectric constant, excellent thermal and mechanical properties, and low dissipation factor. PCBMay will be the best Taconic laminate fabricator you may looking for.
We do not just manufacture your Taconic laminate requirements, but we also suggest the best Taconic laminate for your PCB. PCBMay has a complete Taconic laminate in stock that meets your standard requirements.
All of the PCBMay Taconic laminate meets and exceeds IPC Class 3 standards. High-quality, high-technology, expedited delivery, high on-time date, cost-performance, and best customer service are our advantages.
PCBMay Taconic laminates are popular in different fields, including military, aerospace, data communications, medical, energy, electric power, railways, telecommunications, LED lighting, automotive, and many other fields.
More than 60 countries around the world get benefits from our Taconic Laminates. Our design engineers only use the best materials to manufacture this product for durability, longevity, and high performance.
As a leading Taconic laminate manufacturer, we follow the ISO production methods and realizing IPC class 2 quality standards. No wonder PCBMay is the ideal Taconic Laminate manufacturer you could ever trust.
In PCBMay, there is no minimum order for Taconic laminates. You can order small or large quantities you want. For more information about Taconic laminates, you can ask assistance from our friendly sales team.
Contact us today!
Taconic Laminates: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
Taconic laminate is a very used material for Taconic PCB fabrications. The use of Taconic laminates is increasing day by day.
PCBMay manufactures high-performance Taconic laminates. Our Taconic laminates are dimensionally stable as well. These Taconic laminates are resistant to the process applied during the fabrication of printed circuit boards.
If you want to learn about Taconic laminates or you want to know about our Taconic laminates services, this guide is to help you through. This guide consists of starting from what Taconic laminates are, what their uses are to their manufacturing processes are to everything.
- What Are Taconic Laminates?
- What Are The Types Of Taconic Laminates For PCB?
- What Are The Characteristics Of Taconic Laminates?
- What Do “X”, “Y”, And “Z” Axes Of Taconic Laminates Mean?
- What Are The Other Laminates Apart From Taconic Laminates?
- Is Taconic Laminate Costly?
- What Are The Uses Of Taconic Laminates?
- What Are The Advantages Of Taconic Laminates?
- What Are The Limitations Of Taconic Laminates?
- What Facts To Keep In Mind While Choosing Taconic Laminates?
- What Are The Necessities Of The Taconic PCB Lamination Process?
- What Is The Standard Thickness For Taconic Laminates?
- How Is The Thickness Of Taconic Laminates Regulated?
- Are Taconic Laminates Used In High-frequency PCBs?
- Why Are Other Materials Of Hybrid Multilayer PCBs Mixed With Taconic Laminates?
- Why Is Glass Fabric Used With Taconic Laminates?
- How Do You Select The Fabric Of Fiberglass For Your Taconic Laminates?
- How Can Deformation And Damage Of Taconic Laminates Be Prevented?
- What Is The Manufacturing Procedure Of Taconic Laminate For Multilayered PCB?
- What Is The Standard Press Cycle For The Lamination Of Taconic Laminates?
- What Should You Consider When V Scoring On Taconic Laminates Materials?
- Why Is Copper Foil Used On Taconic Laminates?
- What Is The Right Copper Foil Type For Your Taconic Laminates?
What Are Taconic Laminates?
Taconic laminate is a type of PCB material constructed from fiberglass fabrics that are fabricated layered with PTFE. This fabrication process makes Taconic laminate stand out. The weaving is habitually stable and provides the laminates an even dielectric constant.
For a top-quality PCB fabrication, high-performing Taconic laminates are a must. Also, you need Taconic laminates for fabricating high-frequency PCB. Taconic laminates are used in microwave applications, high-speed and complex applications.
What Are The Types Of Taconic Laminates For PCB?
There are four types of Taconic laminates available for a printed circuit board application. The Taconic laminates are classified as follows.
- Taconic CER-10
- Taconic RF-35
- Taconic tly-5A
- Taconic tly-5
Taconic Laminates for PCB
These four types of laminates for PCB mainly vary from each other in dielectric constant and dielectric thickness. We can see the differences between these Taconic laminates for PCB in a chart.
|Taconic laminates for PCB||Dielectric constant||Dielectric thickness|
What Are The Characteristics Of Taconic Laminates?
Taconic laminates have exceptional mechanical and thermal properties, stable and low dielectric constant, and low dissipation factor. Taconic laminates have other characteristics too. Some of the features of Taconic laminates are as follows.
- Taconic laminates are mostly applicable for low-cost and high-volume applications.
- Taconic laminates have a high-frequency performance.
- Taconic laminates are dimensionally stable.
- Taconic laminates have excellent peel strength.
- Taconic laminates are usually clad on one or both sides.
- Maximum Taconic laminates use a base of woven glass reinforcements.
What Do “X”, “Y”, And “Z” Axes Of Taconic Laminates Mean?
Taconic laminates have three axes which are “X”, “Y”, and “Z” axes. Three of the axes have different roles to perform. The functions of the three axes of Taconic laminates are as follows.
Axes of Taconic Laminates
- The direction of the X-axis refers to the warp direction of prepreg. It is used to construct the Taconic laminates.
- The Y-axis is for filling the fabric’s direction. It is also for defining the prepreg’s orientation in the Taconic laminates for laying up function when taking measurements of dimension stability.
- Z-axis direction explains the direction where to drill the holes. Z-axis direction determines very necessary matters of the drilled hole reliability by thermal expansion properties of the Taconic laminates. Z-axis also refers to analytical geography. It is the direction normal to the plane of the Taconic laminates defined by the X-axis and Y-axis.
What Are The Other Laminates Apart From Taconic Laminates?
There are some other laminates too apart from Taconic laminates. A wide range of PCB laminates such as Nelco laminates, Isola laminates, Shengyi laminates, Ventec laminates, and many more are available aside from Teconic laminates.
● Nelco Laminates
Nelco laminates are one of the vital materials for PCB fabrication. This laminate has superior mechanical and thermal performance. It is also RoHS compliant.
High layer count PCB and applications with high-speed use Nelco laminates for fabrication.
● Isola Laminates
Isola laminates are the basic materials for the construction of multilayer printed circuit boards. Various electronic applications such as communication and networking equipment, computers, consumer electronics, and many more use Isola laminates for PCB fabrication.
● Shengyi Laminates
If you want to get single-sided, double-sided, or multilayer printed circuit boards, you may use Shengyi laminates for fabrication.
● Ventec Laminates
Ventec laminates call for very high-quality copper-clad laminates. Ventec laminates perform well in their functions.
● Kingboard Laminates
Kingboard laminates include paper laminate, glass epoxy laminate, and some upstream materials.
● Tuc Laminates
PCB manufacturers in electronic industries mostly use Tuc laminates.
● ITEQ Laminates
Heavy copper applications, automotive, telecommunications, and high layer printed circuit boards mostly use ITEQ laminates. ITEQ laminates can pass through the process of sequential lamination. This also has high thermal reliability.
● Panasonic Laminates
Panasonic laminates incorporate copper-clad laminates, mass lamination, prepregs, and adhesion insulation sheets.
● Dupont Laminates
These laminates consist of high-performing flex and rigid-flex laminates.
In this video, you can learn much more about more PCB laminates that stand out.
Is Taconic Laminate Costly?
Taconic laminates aren’t costly for a high-frequency printed circuit board. Also, the cost varies for some factors. The cost of Taconic laminate depends on factors like lamination, stability, material categories, etc.
Taconic Laminates Cost
What Are The Uses Of Taconic Laminates?
Taconic laminates are used in a wide range of projects and applications. Some uses of Taconic laminates are as follows.
- Automotive radar.
- Military radar.
- Phased array antennas.
- Microwave transmission equipment.
- Cellular communications.
- Power amplifiers.
- LNCs, LNBs, LNAs.
- W, E, and KA band applications.
There are other uses of Taconic laminates in industries too.
What Are The Advantages Of Taconic Laminates?
Why should you use Taconic laminates? Well, there are some benefits of Taconic laminates. The advantages you get using Taconic laminates for PCB fabrications are as follows.
- Are dimensionally very stable.
- Have superior thermal and mechanical properties.
- Have high peel strength.
- Are suitable for low-layered microwave designs.
- Have the least df.
- Are laser abatable.
- Have lower moisture absorption.
- Have a consistent DK and are uniform.
These don’t complete the list. There are many more advantages of Taconic laminates when you get using them.
What Are The Limitations Of Taconic Laminates?
While providing so many advantages for PCB fabrication, Taconic laminates have limitations too.
Limitations of Taconic Laminates
Firstly, processing high-performing Taconic laminates is not a simple matter. That is why it leads to a highly costly final product or application.
Secondly, Taconic laminates stand in need of big investment, and significant commitment to the capital.
Also, Taconic laminates demand a very good skilled team to be worked with.
What Facts To Keep In Mind While Choosing Taconic Laminates?
You should keep in mind some facts while choosing your Taconic laminate. Facts that should be considered while choosing Taconic laminates are as follows.
Facts about Taconic Laminates
● Glass Transition Temperature
Rigid printed circuit board laminates stop functioning at the glass transition temperature. Taconic laminate begins to soften at this temperature from its previous state. You should keep this factor in mind.
Glass transition temperature is a temperature when the weight of high molecular materials converts their state to viscous rubber state from glass state.
● Thermal Decomposition Temperature
Different PCBs have different thermal decomposition temperatures. Thermal decomposition temperature mainly varies depending on the material of printed circuit boards.
The temperature ranges between 300degrees celsius to 400degrees celsius for many epoxy systems for flexible printed circuit board lamination materials.
● Dielectric Constant
Dielectric constant means the rate when an electrical signal travels in any dielectric material.
If you want a high transmission rate in your PCB board, you must use laminates that have lower DK. That way you will achieve high frequency in your PCB boards.
● Thermal Expansion
Thermal expansion means the ability of PCB materials to change their appearance. Normally this appearance change happens as a result of temperature change in laminates.
And so PCB laminates are likely to change their area, volume, and shape when generally the temperature oversteps the Tg value.
● RoHS Compliant
You should choose the Taconic laminates which are RoHS compliant for the perfect fabrication of your PCB.
RoHS compliant refers to the “green” requirement driven by market policies and considerations.
What Are The Necessities Of The Taconic PCB Lamination Process?
There are some processes of Taconic PCB lamination. These PCB lamination procedures vary relying on different PCB types and lamination specifications. Also, there are some requirements for Taconic PCB lamination processes.
Taconic PCB Laminates
You should choose the lamination technology which is appropriate for the involvement of your application or project. Let’s discuss some of the Taconic PCB lamination processes.
● Double-sided PCB
You can laminate the double-sided PCB board by applying a dry resist layer. The dry resist layer must be photosensitive and should be used under extreme pressure and temperature.
The lamination process for double-sided PCBs is pretty similar to other PCB types’ lamination process.
● Multilayered PCB
Multilayered PCBs need bonding by lamination. Multilayer PCB boards can be thin etched boards. Or, it can have trace layers. Either way, the bonding should be ready by lamination.
The process of Taconic laminates for fabricating multilayered PCBs should follow some procedures. The procedures are as follows.
The inner layers of multilayered PCBs are assigned to a very high temperature of 375 degrees Fahrenheit. The layers are also subjected to a pressure staying between minimum 275psi and maximum 400psi.
Since the manufacturer keeps the temperature at a high rate, the multilayered printed circuit board cures. Lastly, the manufacturer needs to slowly release and cool the lamination materials.
● Sequential Lamination
If the printed circuit board has two subsets or more, manufacturers need to use sequential lamination technology. It is also a very effective lamination technology.
In this technology, PCB boards use a separate process to create the subsets. After creating the subsets, manufacturers place a dielectric substance in the middle of every pair of subsets.
After placing the dielectric substance, the rest of the process follows standard procedures of manufacturing.
If you want to know much about this PCB lamination process, watch the following video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM4ubbGWWGU
What Is The Standard Thickness For Taconic Laminates?
Taconic laminates generally follow a standard thickness. However, the thickness of Taconic laminates varies from one to another. The thickness of Taconic laminates generally depends on different requirements of its application.
Thickness of Taconic Laminates
Depending on the various requirements of each application, the thickness of Taconic laminates can be 0.27 mm, 0.4 mm, 0.8 mm. 1.0 mm, 1.2 mm, 2.0 mm, 2.4 mm, or 3.2 mm. It really depends on what purpose the Taconic laminates are being used for.
How Is The Thickness Of Taconic Laminates Regulated?
Now you may have the question, what actually determines the Taconic laminates’ thickness. There are basically some factors that regulate the thickness of Taconic laminates.
Thickness Regulation in Taconic Laminates
Well, you can measure the thickness of your Taconic laminates by calculating the fabric and density weight of the lamination. However, you may expect to have some variance likely to be five percent in your calculation.
To get the total thickness of your Taconic laminate, calculating the entire weight is an appropriate way. A single fabric can have different weights when finished. This difference in finished weight brings about different finished Taconic laminate thicknesses when it is plied.
That being so, you must always base your calculation on the total final weight to distinctly find out the accurate thickness of your Taconic laminate.
Are Taconic Laminates Used In High-frequency PCBs?
Yes, Taconic laminates are used in high-frequency printed circuit boards. Many hybrid builds and materials of Taconic laminate are compatibly preparing them right for printed circuit boards with high-frequency.
Taconic Laminates in High-frequency PCBs
However, the manufacturer needs to put a special circuit fabrication process in place. The manufacturer also should involve the circuit fabricators and the material suppliers. This way, PCBs possess a very high frequency using Taconic laminates for fabrication.
Why Are Other Materials Of Hybrid Multilayer PCBs Mixed With Taconic Laminates?
Taconic laminates are often mixed with other materials of the hybrid multilayer printed circuit boards. It is good to mix these two materials to increase the compatibility of PCBs.
Multilayer PCB with Taconic Laminates
A hybrid multilayer Printed Circuit Board uses a lot of layers of Taconic laminate. It also uses some layers of some other materials of PCBs.
These hybrid multilayer PCBs using layers of Taconic laminates and other lamination materials are frequently used for several projects and applications. Hybrid multilayered PCB uses this mix of fabrication materials to improve its reliability and quality; also for the requirements of applications.
The lamination materials are often compatible with a lot of hybrid multilayers printed circuit boards. Although a special circuit fabrication process is required for hybrid multilayer PCBs.
Why Is Glass Fabric Used With Taconic Laminates?
Taconic laminates are generally reinforced with glass fabrics. There are some reasons for which Taconic laminates use glass fabrics. The reasons are as follows.
- To increase “X” and “Y” axes’ stability, Taconic laminates use glass fabrics.
- Taconic laminates use glass fabrics to increase the stiffness in the “X” and “Y” axes.
- Glass fabrics are resistant to chemical corrosion.
- Glass fabrics have high insulation properties.
- Glass fabric is high-temperature resistant.
- Glass fabrics have good stability and good strength.
- Glass fabrics are fireproof and heat resistant which is very important for Taconic laminates.
- Glass fabric is ultraviolet proof.
- Also, the glass fabric is anti-static.
- Lastly, glass fabric has good mechanical properties which are good for Taconic laminates.
Glass Fabrication in Taconic Laminates
And for many more reasons, Taconic laminate is made using glass fabric in order to raise its durability.
How Do You Select The Fabric Of Fiberglass For Your Taconic Laminates?
There are several kinds of fiberglass fabrics available. Different Taconic laminates need different fiberglass fabrics. The choice of fiberglass fabric used in different Taconic laminates depends on some factors.
The factors which determine the choice of fiberglass fabric in Taconic laminates are as follows.
- How much amount of resin the fiberglass fabric holds for bonding and filling.
- The finished thickness of the Taconic laminate that the fiberglass will provide when lamination is completed.
- The dielectric constant of the fiberglass fabric.
- The required thickness of the printed circuit board.
- CTE control of the fiberglass fabric.
- Taconic laminate’s dimensional steadiness.
- Stiffness of the required printed circuit board.
- And the cost of fiberglass fabric for fabricating your Taconic laminate.
These factors should be considered while choosing fiberglass fabric for your Taconic laminates.
How Can Deformation And Damage Of Taconic Laminates Be Prevented?
Well, you get the best quality Taconic laminates manufactured and fulfill your demand for your application. But what if it doesn’t last long? That is why you must take some precautions to increase the durability of your Taconic laminates.
Damage in Taconic Laminates
There can occur damage and deformation to your Taconic laminates. To prevent these damage and deformations, there are some precautions you need to observe while getting your Taconic laminates manufactured. Some precautions are as follows.
- You should not scrub the materials of your Taconic laminates mechanically. Mechanically scrubbing the materials will deform and stretch the Taconic laminate.
To avoid this stretching and deformation, you should apply chemical cleaning. Chemical cleaning helps to achieve dimensional accuracy of the lamination process. It also prevents distortion.
- You must not lift Taconic laminates with one side up. Lifting Taconic laminates with one side up causes the materials to slide. It may also cause stretching of the copper on the board.
Alternatively, you can lift Taconic laminates holding two parallel edges.
- You should handle Taconic laminates wearing protective gloves and using slip sheets. In this way, you can avoid contaminant deposits and stains on Taconic laminates.
- Lastly, you must not keep your Taconic laminate on top of one another. Putting Taconic laminates on top of each other causes debris on the exteriors of laminates.
Taking all these precautions may prevent deformations and damages to your Taconic laminates.
What Is The Manufacturing Procedure Of Taconic Laminate For Multilayered PCB?
There is a significant process to follow for manufacturing Taconic laminates for multilayer PCBs.
Taconic Laminates for Multilayer PCBs
Multilayer printed circuit boards can have either trace layers or thin etched boards. Whichever it is, both of them need the bonding done by lamination technology.
The manufacturing process of Taconic laminates for multilayer printed circuit boards follows the following procedure.
- The manufacturer needs to assign the internal layers of multilayer PCBs to a very high temperature of 190.56 degrees celsius.
- The internal layers of multilayer PCB should also be consigned to a minimum pressure of 275 psi and a maximum pressure of 400 psi. The pressure should stay in between this range.
- The cure of multi-layer printed circuit boards takes place at an extreme temperature. So for the curing of multilayer PCBs, the manufacturer should maintain an extreme temperature.
- You need to slowly cool the laminate and slowly release the pressure. These should be done at a steady pace for improving the quality of Taconic laminates for high-frequency multilayer PCBs.
You have to follow these procedures to manufacture Taconic laminates for your multilayer printed circuit board.
What Is The Standard Press Cycle For The Lamination Of Taconic Laminates?
A definite press cycle is recommended for the lamination of Taconic printed circuit board laminate. This recommended press cycle is considered the standard one for the lamination of Taconic PCB laminates.
Taconic Laminates Press Cycle
The standard press cycle for laminating Taconic laminates includes the following features.
- Vacuum lamination is recommended for laminating Taconic PCB laminates.
- The manufacturer should keep the pressure at 73 psi which is 5 bar until the package reaches the temperature of 37 degrees celsius. As soon as the temperature reaches the mentioned point, you should apply a full pressure of 450 psi that is 31 bar.
- The Taconic laminates’ temperature tends to be between 1.5 degrees Celsius and 5.5 degrees Celsius. The manufacturer needs to increase the temperature to 190 degrees celsius.
- Also, the manufacturer has to maintain the temperature by keeping it at least 80 degrees Celsius and at most 150 degrees Celsius of the flow window.
- Then Taconic laminate needs to be cured for an hour mostly.
- You should cool the package at an optimum temperature that is fewer than 3 degrees celsius.
- Lastly, cool the package under very high pressure.
This is said to be the standard press cycle for laminating Taconic laminates.
What Should You Consider When V Scoring On Taconic Laminates Materials?
You can V score on Taconic laminate materials. However, you should consider some facts while V scoring on Taconic laminate materials.
The following facts should be put into consideration while V scoring on Taconic laminate materials.
- You need to examine the cross-sectional view of vees in order to set up the distances between vees.
- You have to measure the vee depth from one side or from both sides of the printed circuit board surface.
- Lastly, you need to figure out the easy process of de-paneling V scoring on Taconic laminate materials.
There are some other factors too to be considered.
Why Is Copper Foil Used On Taconic Laminates?
In the Taconic lamination process, copper foil is used on Taconic laminates. Taconic laminates use copper foils because there are some advantages to using copper foil.
Copper Foil in Taconic Laminates
Some of the benefits we can get using copper foils on Taconic laminates include the following.
- Copper foils are the power and ground layers of a Taconic PCB.
- Copper foil transfers signal from one side of the printed circuit board to the other side.
- The copper foil helps to diminish unwanted heat from the power devices.
- Copper foil interconnects various devices used in the PCB, inputs, and outputs that assemble the printed circuit board work for its application purpose.
This is why it is a must to apply copper foil for fabricating Taconic laminates.
What Is The Right Copper Foil Type For Your Taconic Laminates?
There are different types of copper foil available to use for Taconic laminates. It is necessary to choose the right type of copper foil for different Taconic laminates. The copper foil types or weights depend on some factors.
Copper Foil types in Taconic Laminates
You can choose the right type of copper foil considering the following facts.
● Size And Spacing
When the spacing is limited and the lines are fine, you need to utilize thin foils of copper. On the contrary, for wider spacing and wider lines, you need to use thicker copper foils.
● Heating Management
The copper foil used particularly in the inner layers of Taconic laminates needs to handle a specific amount of heat for each Taconic laminate. So, the weight or type of the copper foils depends on the fact how much heat it needs to handle for the Taconic laminate.
Compared to thinner copper foil, the thicker copper foil has an elevated capacity for dissolving heat.
● Requirements For Power Handling
The requirements for handling power of the printed circuit board regulate the type or weight of copper foil that needs to be used.
If you are manufacturing PCB for high-power applications, you need to use thicker copper foils for your Taconic laminate.
On the contrary, If you need your PCB for lower power applications, you can use thinner copper foils for your Taconic laminates.
● Characteristics And Loss Of Line
There is a cross-sectional area in copper foils. This cross-sectional area affects the thickness of Taconic laminates. It also affects the dielectric constant of the Taconic laminates.
You should keep this fact in mind to choose the type or weight of the copper foil for your Taconic laminates.
These facts are enough to consider while selecting copper foil weight or type for the Taconic laminates.
PCBMay is a reputable manufacturer of lamination materials and PCBs in China. We provide the best quality Taconic laminates worldwide. Our Taconic laminates are being used in more than 60 countries worldwide because of their top quality.
Well, this is all you may want to know about Taconic laminates. However, if you want to learn more about Taconic laminates or are interested in planning a project, you are encouraged to contact us. We will get back to you shortly.