China flexible PCB manufacturer is playing a major role in providing high quality PCBs to the worldwide electronics industry. The unique technical properties of flexible printed circuit boards have led to their widespread use in various branches of industries:
- Automotive electronics
- Digital technology
- Medical equipment
- Military industry, etc.
Why does China Flexible PCB manufacturer use FPCBs?
There are a number of reasons why a variety of flexible PCB configurations can be found much more frequently as interconnecting elements than rigid modifications. For example, thanks to the thinnest dielectric base of all materials currently available, the part has been halved in thickness.
In addition to taking up less space on its own, FPCBs can be stacked, which in turn allows for compact layout and dramatically reduces the size of an electronic device, however complex it may be. Other benefits of the part include:
- Weight reduction by 75%;
- Increased system reliability;
- Resistance to multiple dynamic bends, which is further enhanced by the protective coating;
- No manufacturing errors and reduced assembly costs;
- High speed of transmission lines;
- Improved thermal dissipation and more.
- Unilateral. The contact pads are located on one side. These GSPs are characterized by the highest dynamic flexibility;
- One-sided with two-way access. They have one conductive layer, and the contact pads are on both sides;
- Double-sided.They are most often found in electrical appliances with controlled impedance. They are equipped with two conductive layers, which are connected by metalized vias;
- Multilayer. The number of layers in such HSPs can vary from three to forty. The connection between them is provided by plated holes. Such GPUs allow assembling multichip integrated circuits on them;
- Rigid-flexible. GSP data is used in both the defense industry and electronics.
An FPC is a dialectic layer that contains an electrically conductive circuit. This type of board can be bent freely; therefore it is used for mounting in hard-to-reach places. Flexible printed circuit boards are flexible connectors of individual electronic components into a single electronic device. They also allow for increased packing density in electronic devices.
Most Often, a FPC Has a Multilayer Structure that Includes:
- Flexible base;
- Adhesives (not available on some models);
- Conductive layer;
- Protective layer
Flexible Printed Circuit Boards can be Used as:
- Connectors for various parts of electronic devices made on the basis of rigid printed circuit boards;
- Replacement of cable connections;
- Base materials for inductors and antennas.
Flexible printed circuit boards allow you to create designs and spatial structures that are unique in their functionality in the electronic systems of various devices.
The Main Advantages of Flexible Printed Circuit Boards over Rigid Ones:
- Dynamic flexibility of the material;
- Reducing the size of the finished structure;
- Reducing the weight of the finished structure;
- Increasing assembly efficiency;
- Reduced assembly costs;
- Decrease in marriage rates;
- Improvement of electrical properties;
- Improved heat dissipation.
Technical Capabilities and Materials Used by China Flexible PCB
Parameter / characteristic name
Maximum size of the working area of the board:
HASL,ENIG,ENEPIG,Electrolytic Nickel Gold, Soft gold, Hard gold,
Follow the request of the customers
Single / double sided, color: black, white
Multilayer and Flexible Printed Circuit Boards and Their Production
Multilayer Printed Circuit Boards are high-tech products used when wiring becomes too complex on a double-sided board: in such boards, the outer layers and through-holes are used to install components, and the inner layers contain power and interconnect polygons.
The use of flexible printed circuit boards can significantly reduce the size of the final product, while the complexity of the designed electronics is constantly growing. The use of microcircuits with a BGA package type (with a pitch of balls of 0.5 mm or less) and chip components with a size of 01005 on the board is becoming the norm, as a result of which the assembly density of printed circuit assemblies increases.
This leads to an increase in the number of layers in printed circuit boards, miniaturization of conductors and inter-conductor gaps, reduction of the size of vias, and the addition of “blind” and “buried” holes.
Reasons for Using Rigid-flex Boards
- Reducing the size and weight of the structure;
- Statistical and dynamic flexibility;
- Reduced assembly costs and improved efficiency;
- Improving reliability, reducing the number of connections;
- Improving dielectric and wave properties;
- The possibility of using a three-dimensional design;
- Simplification of connection control;
- Improving the appearance of the product.
Currently, Multilayer and Flexible Printed Circuit Boards are Used in Such Equipment as:
- Multimedia data processing / playback devices;
- Equipment for wired and wireless communication;
- Digital signal processing devices;
- Complex measuring instruments;
- Systems of automatic control of technical processes.
Among the companies that supply multilayer printed circuit boards – PCBMay – is ready to provide the required quality with the growing complexity of products.
Manufacturing Multilayer Printed Circuit Boards
Bending radius depending on thickness (T)
Flexible part 1 layer
Th3 / 6
Flexible part 2 layer
Th6 / 10
Тх10 / 15
Тх20 / 40
It is possible to manufacture printed circuit boards up to 40 layers. Thickness – varies from 0.2 to 6 mm. The geometrical dimensions of the workpiece are 610 x 610 mm. Use of blind and buried vias with the possibility of applying mask, compound or copper to the vias. Mandatory electrical control and control of the impedance of the boards. Types of edge processing – milling, scribing.
You can get acquainted with all the technical capabilities of manufactured printed circuit boards for various purposes, materials used and free additional services on the page PCB manufacturing.
Blind and Buried holes
You can increase the efficiency of your projects by applying new technologies for blind and buried vias. Besides pairwise pressing, we offer HDI structures.
5 Reasons to Contact the China Flexible PCB Manufacturer
Turnkey orders. Due to china flexible pcb manufacturer wide capabilities, It carries out a full range of works:
- Development of electronic devices;
- Production and assembly of printed circuit boards of various accuracy classes;
- Manufacturing of cases;
- Supply of components;
- Final assembly of devices;
- Preparation of instructions and passports.
You can order PCBMay the manufacture of turnkey electronic devices or certain types of work. For example, design, software development, serial production of various elements of electrical appliances.
Affordable prices. We are ready to offer our clients favorable terms of cooperation. The company guarantees you excellent product quality, despite their low cost.
This is possible thanks to advanced technologies, high-performance equipment, our competent specialists and mutually beneficial cooperation with our suppliers, in which we are completely confident. Over the long years of joint activity, they have repeatedly confirmed their reliability, since we practically did not receive any defective components from them.
Profitable offer. For large customers, we offer individual conditions, which may include free services: delivery, engineering support and contract development. In addition, we optimize BOM (Bill of Materials), which makes our cooperation with you even more profitable.
High quality. We value our reputation as a reliable manufacturer of electronic devices. That is why we pay special attention to the quality of our products. In order to guarantee the customer a high level of products, our company provides for several stages of control, ranging from checking components and ending with testing finished devices.
The excellent quality of electrical appliances is confirmed by the relevant documentation and the warranty provided.
Currently, domestic china flexible PCB manufacturer are paying more and more attention to the design of flexible (HP) and flex-rigid printed circuit boards (HPP). Previously, the limiting factor in such developments was the lack of the necessary basic and auxiliary materials for their manufacture, as well as reliable information for making a design decision.
Although many different materials have been attempted over the life of flexible boards, they have now narrowed down, so that only a few are widely adopted. This article discusses new materials that have entered the china flexible pcb manufacturer market in order to help designers and technologists make the right choice for solving their problems.
Flexible PCBs Most Demanded Equipment
First of all, it is worth considering what the general requirements are for the basic material. Despite the fact that none of the known materials are capable of meeting all design and technological requirements, it still makes sense to imagine what the ideal combination of materials looks like in order to understand the trade-offs that may have to be made when choosing them.
In recent years, interest in flexible technologies in China has grown significantly. Now there are quite a lot of applications for various projects of flexible-rigid boards and a lot of questions about how you can implement this or that structure. Therefore, we decided to tell in more detail about what properties these boards have, what advantages, and what designs and options for their use are possible.
Benefits of Flexible PCBs
As the name suggests, a rigid-flex PCB is a design that combines flexible and rigid parts.
The use of flexible-rigid boards allows in a number of cases:
- Reduce the size and weight of the device;
- Embed electronics into a complex shape;
- Abandon the connectors;
- Improve the reliability of connections;
- Simplify installation;
- Provide dynamic flexibility of connections;
- Simplify maintenance during operation.
Let’s discuss these advantages in more detail.
Reducing the Size and Weight of the Device
A somewhat a typical product for china flexible PCB manufacturer, nevertheless, which most clearly demonstrates the advantages of flexible-rigid motherboards – portable mp3 players based on flash memory. Two main requirements of the mp3-player user are light weight (the device is worn around the neck or in a breast pocket) and small dimensions.
This is where the advantages of rigid-flex boards come into play. A typical design of the insides of such a player is a “stack” of three or four printed circuit boards connected by flexible cables. Due to the low profile of the components, the resulting thickness of the player can be no more than 10–20 mm with dimensions of 30 × 30 mm – very worthy values for a device of such complexity.
Complex Shaped Body
- Mobile phone
- Home handset telephone
- Miniature radio station
- Hearing aid
- Medical wearable device.
All these devices are similar in one thing – adaptation to the human body, which means – a very complex shape of the body. It is practically impossible to integrate rather complex electronics into such a case without the use of flexible-rigid structures.
Improving Donnection Reliability
It is known that one of the problems of operating electronic products under vibration, exposure to moisture and temperature extremes is the problem of deterioration of contact in plug connections. This is especially typical for automotive technology, on-board electronics and other devices that are not operated in “room conditions”.
It is also important for wearable devices, which are often subject to falling, overheating or hypothermia, moisture, sweat, corrosive fumes, etc. Flexible-rigid connection of boards in such a device successfully eliminates the problem of loss of contact
Further, china flexible pcb manufacturer divides flexible into static, where flexibility is used only during assembly operations, and dynamic, which are able to withstand from hundreds to thousands of bending cycles (periodically flexible) to millions of billions of cycles (continuously flexible).
Flexible printed circuit boards are used in a variety of industries.
- Automotive (panels, control systems …)
- Household appliances (35mm cameras, video cameras, calculators …)
- Medicine (hearing aids, heart pacemakers …)
- Weapons and space (satellites, panels, radar systems, night vision devices …)
- Computers (printheads, disk controls, cables …)
- Industrial control
- Instruments (X-ray equipment, particle counters …), etc.
Some of the Advantages of Using flexible Printed Circuit Boards Over Traditional ones:
- Dynamic flexibility,
- Reducing the size of the structure,
- Weight reduction (50-70% when replacing wiring, up to 90% when replacing rigid boards),
- Improving assembly efficiency,
- Reduction in assembly costs (reduction in the number of operations),
- Increase in yield during assembly,
- Improving reliability (reducing the number of connection levels),
- Improvement of electrical properties (unified materials, characteristic impedance, reduction of inductance),
- Improved heat dissipation (flat conductors, heat dissipation on both sides …)
- The possibility of three-dimensional packaging design
- Compatibility with surface mounting of components (compatibility in terms of expansion coefficient …)
- Simplification of control (visual and electrical …).
If you are looking for 2020 best china flexible PCB manufacturer, PCBMay is the best emerging printed circuit board manufacturing company that perfectly cater your all pcb industry related needs.