Your Outstanding High Voltage PCB Manufacturer in China
PCBMay is a leading high voltage PCB manufacturer in China. We can provide many kinds of high voltage PCBs for your project.
- Over 12 years high voltage PCB manufacturing experience
- 24h Quick-turn service for your prototype PCB
- Sufficient raw material in stock to support your orders
- 100% E-test and AOI inspection
- No minimum order quantity even 1 piece
- 7/24 sales and engineering tech support
|KB、Shengyi、ShengyiSF305、FR408、FR408HR、IS410、FR406、GETEK、370HR、IT180A、Rogers4350、Rogers4000、PTFE Laminates(Rogers series、Taconic series、Arlon series、Nelco series)、Rogers/Taconic/Arlon/Nelco laminate with FR-4 material(including partial Ro4350B hybrid laminating with FR-4)
|Backplane、HDI、High multi-layer blind&buried PCB、Embedded Capacitance、Embedded resistance board 、Heavy copper power PCB、Backdrill, PCB Gold Finger
|Min. 1/2 OZ, Max. 10 OZ
|Maximum Board Size
|Min laser drilling size
|Green, Black, Blue, Red, White, Yellow, Purple matte/glossy
|Flash gold(electroplated gold)、ENIG、Hard gold、Flash gold、HASL Lead-free 、OSP、ENEPIG、Soft gold、Immersion silver、Immersion Tin、ENIG+OSP, ENIG+Gold finger, Flash gold(electroplated gold)+Gold finger(50u”), Immersion silver+Gold finger, Immersion Tin+Gold finger
|Min. Annular Ring
|10:1(HASL Lead-free 、HASL Lead、ENIG、Immersion Tin、Immersion silver、ENEPIG);8:1(OSP)
|Via in Pad
Why Choose PCBMay for Your High Voltage PCB
Not all electronic products are using high voltage PCBs because there are some special design rules. As a professional high voltage PCB manufacturer and supplier in China, PCBMay can help you to produce different types of PCBs, including a multilayer circuit board, aluminum PCB, flexible circuit board, rigid-flexible PCB, Rogers printed circuit board, ceramic PCB, and Teflon PCB.
Are you looking for a reliable high voltage PCB supplier? PCBMay is your best choice. We can offer an affordable price and top quality for you.
PCBMay has more than 500 employees with over 12 years of PCB manufacturing experience and the workshop area will be reached 20,000 square meters.
As an ISO-certified PCB supplier, PCBMay is always putting quality first. We don’t accept the defective product to our customers, meanwhile, we provide a test reports for each order with the shipment.
From the prototype high voltage PCB to mass production, PCBMay can meet your different requirements. If you have mass production, we can offer free samples for your high voltage PCB.
In order to offer high-quality high voltage PCB to the customers, we have brought state-of-the-art equipment and make sure all processes are in-house. The quality will be under our control by us.
When you have a quick-turn high voltage PCB inquiry, we can produce the prototype within 24h, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Just send an inquiry or message to us, our sales team will support you anytime.
High Voltage PCB: The Complete FAQ Guide
This is a comprehensive guide to know all about high voltage PCB.
It includes all the essential information related to it such as its design, structure, usage, etc.
So, before you go on for buying a high voltage PCB for you, go through this compact guide.
- What is a High Voltage PCB?
- What are the Applications of High Voltage PCB?
- What is the Clearance in a High Voltage PCB?
- How High Voltage PCB is Designed?
- How Many Amperes Can a High Voltage PCB Withstand?
- Are There Any Types of High Voltage PCB?
- What are the Components of a High Voltage PCB?
- Can Heat Sinks be Used in High Voltage PCB?
- What is the Overall Layout of the Board of High Voltage PCB?
- What are the Primary Features of High Voltage PCB?
- What are the Advantages of High Voltage PCB?
- What are the Disadvantages of High Voltage PCB?
- Can You Customize High Voltage PCB?
- How High Voltage PCB Works?
- What Material is Used to Manufacture High Voltage PCB?
- What is the Cost of High Voltage PCB?
- How Can You Assure the Quality of High Voltage PCB?
- Is Using High Voltage PCB Safe?
- Who is the Best Manufacturer of High Voltage PCB?
- What are the Things to Consider before Buying High Voltage PCB?
- How Can You Order High Voltage PCB?
- What is the Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) for High Voltage PCB?
- How to Import High Voltage PCB from China?
- In How Much Time Can You Deliver High Voltage PCB?
- Can You Get Samples of High Voltage PCB before the Final Order?
- Do You Provide After-Sales Support of High Voltage PCB?
- How to Maintain the Health of High Voltage PCB?
- What is the Warranty of High Voltage PCB?
What is a High Voltage PCB?
A high voltage PCB is a type of printed circuit board that works with a higher current than usual.
It is used in various devices where high voltage is needed for normal operations.
A high voltage circuit board is designed to provide high voltage throughout the circuit.
It can be designed in various shapes and structures according to requirements.
It consists of slightly different materials than the standard PCB to make high current flow possible.
High Voltage PCB
What are the Applications of High Voltage PCB?
There are various applications of high voltage PCB because of its rigid structure.
You can use it in any type of device where a high current is required.
However, some of the most common applications of it are as follows:
- Power Supply Boards:
All types of power supply boards which require high current supply use high voltage PCB.
Various types of digital inverters are developed by using high voltage PCB.
- EV Chargers:
Electronic Vehicle chargers use it because of the high voltage needs in the charger.
- Aerospace Boards:
Aerospace boards also require a high amount of current which is why this PCB type is used.
Spacecraft and airplanes are the best examples in which this type of PCB is used.
- Industrial Applications:
High voltage PCB has various other industrial applications.
For example, power distribution transformers use high current than usual.
Moreover, there are various other uses of high-power PCBs.
High Voltage PCB Applications
What is the Clearance in a High Voltage PCB?
Clearance is the minimum distance between two conductor traces.
This distance is not taken by measurements but through the line of sight (visibility through the air).
Usually, the clearance value varies according to the materials used in high voltage PCB.
Clearance is kept as per structural and design requirements of the printed circuit board.
How High Voltage PCB is Designed?
As the name suggests, a high voltage PCB is designed according to the principles of the high voltage supply.
Some of the most common attributes that should be present in its design are as follows:
- The more the trace width, the more current can flow into the circuit.
- The copper used in this type of high voltage PCB should be as thick as possible because it will help high current passage.
- How a manufacturer technically treats should be as per high power supply needs.
- The PCB should be capable of enduring high temperatures during its operations.
- Heat absorption should be one of the primary focuses of the manufacturer while designing it.
Moreover, a good manufacturer always provides suggestions to make custom designs more efficient and reliable.
How Many Amperes Can a High Voltage PCB Withstand?
There are no strict rules about how much current can a high voltage PCB withstand.
It depends upon various factors like the materials used in the board itself, the structure of the board, etc.
However, a usual high-powered PCB can withstand up to 30 amperes.
If you have a higher requirement of current passage, you can request the manufacturer.
Sustainability of High Voltage PCB
Are There Any Types of High Voltage PCB?
There are various types of high voltage PCBs depending upon their structure and specifications.
The three most common types of it are as follows:
These type of high voltage boards proves to be quite reliable because of multiple available sides.
You can use both sides of it for installing the components.
Rigid-Flex high current PCBs use both rigid and flexible layers into the circuit.
Flexible components attract the rigid components on the circuit board.
Smaller devices use rigid-flex PCB to work with efficiency and high power.
This is one of the most complex forms of PCB which is used in critical applications.
From three to twelve, multiple layers are used within a single high voltage PCB in this type of circuitry.
What are the Components of a High Voltage PCB?
There are numerous possible components of a high voltage PCB.
This is because the number of components depends upon their specific working requirements.
However, the most commonly used components that could be found in a typical high power PCB are as follows:
- Heat Sinks
- Integrated Circuits
- Power Supply
You can get in touch with the manufacturer to know the detailed components required to make one for you.
High Voltage PCB Components
Can Heat Sinks be Used in High Voltage PCB?
Yes, definitely, heat sinks are commonly used in high voltage PCBs.
In fact, a high-powered PCB can only work with efficiency if there are heat sinks installed.
Without heat sinks, temperature control of the entire circuit becomes a challenge.
More than one heat sink is used in more complex and bigger-sized circuits.
Aluminum and copper are common materials that serve as heat sinks.
This is because of their high thermal conductivity which is required for a heat sink.
What is the Overall Layout of the Board of High Voltage PCB?
Basically, the overall board layout is the structure and physical design of the circuit board.
How components are connected together and other possibilities on the board come under this term.
The layout of the board can vary from PCB to PCB depending upon the requirements.
However, an ideal high voltage PCB should have the following layout properties.
- Routes between the integrated circuit and other components of the board.
- Heat absorption should be one of the primary components on the circuit board.
- Trace dimensions consisting of its width, height, and thickness should also be considered.
High Voltage PCB Layout
What are the Primary Features of High Voltage PCB?
There are various primary features of high voltage PCB based on its overall design.
Some of the most important ones are as follows:
- Its primary feature is to provide high electricity to the circuit.
- This type of High voltage PCBs is able to withstand high temperatures.
- The components used in it such as copper are mostly thicker which allows high current passage.
In a nutshell, all the features of it revolve around providing an extra amount of current efficiency.
What are the Advantages of High Voltage PCB?
There are numerous advantages of using high voltage PCB.
Some of the important ones are mentioned as follows:
- High voltage PCB is capable of providing a great amount of current.
- There is no extra strain on its components while providing high levels of current.
- You can get high thermal conductivity through these types of boards.
- Its mechanical strength is way higher than other types of PCBs.
- You can choose your preferred design from vast design options.
- It comes in small and compact sizes that eventually make it quite productive in various products.
- It makes the overall temperature of the board stable through a heat sinking mechanism.
In addition to the above-mentioned benefits, there are various other custom benefits tailored to your needs.
High Voltage PCB Advantages
What are the Disadvantages of High Voltage PCB?
Though high voltage PCB has numerous advantages, it has a few disadvantages as well.
Some of them are mentioned below.
- High voltage PCB is more prone to thermal shocks as compared to standard PCBs.
- It is usually expensive than standard types of PCBs.
- Any small design flaw can lead to permanent circuit failure.
However, you can reduce the number of disadvantages by designing and using it according to the guidelines.
Can You Customize High Voltage PCB?
Yes, you can completely customize high voltage PCB.
Prominent PCB manufacturers like PCBMay allow you the ability to make high voltage PCBs according to your requirements.
The physical structure, design, and technical capabilities of your desired PCB will be completely followed.
You should have to define each of the features to exactly match your high voltage circuit needs.
Moreover, you can also choose a design from previously manufactured high voltage PCBs.
Your PCB manufacturer will guide you throughout the customization process.
High Voltage PCB Customization
How High Voltage PCB Works?
All the processes in a high voltage PCB revolve around the feature of a high power supply.
For this matter, specialized material is used and the board design is also made special.
Copper traces are used but their thickness is kept pretty high for better current passage.
Materials that provide high conductivity are used throughout the circuit board.
For controlling the temperature of the board, heat sinks could also be used.
In the end, it is assumed that the current flows from end to end without any obstacles.
What Material is Used to Manufacture High Voltage PCB?
Numerous materials can be used to manufacture high voltage PCBs.
The selection of materials depends upon the structural and design requirements of the PCB.
Since the board is the primary component of a PCB, its material selection is done at first.
The material of the board is selected only if its dielectric breakdown is high.
FR4 laminate is also used for making these types of boards.
Other materials which could be considered for being the materials could be as follows:
In addition to the above-mentioned materials, your PCB manufacturer may suggest you other options as well.
What is the Cost of High Voltage PCB?
The cost of high voltage PCB varies from the requirement to requirement.
That is because of every aspect of the board such as its structure, design, and technical capabilities changes with the requirements.
As a high voltage PCB is more powerful than other standard types, its cost is also higher than others.
You can get a usual PCB of this type within the range of $80 to $150.
It also depends upon the manufacturer as their manufacturing process and quality can vary from one another.
How Can You Assure the Quality of High Voltage PCB?
In order to assure the quality of a high voltage PCB, you can take various steps.
These steps are as follows:
- Construction of the Circuit:
How a circuit is constructed is the primary factor that defines the stability and quality of high voltage PCB.
One of the factors which assure good circuit construction is the use of heavy copper.
Other factors include high-speed plating and differential etching.
- Current Carrying Capability:
How much current can be transferred from one end to another end in the circuit is a key question to be answered.
You should prefer a PCB with high voltage carrying capability.
- Temperature-Control Capability:
A high-end high voltage PCB should be capable of bearing around 100°C.
If the application requires more temperature resistance, it should be capable of more than that.
- Board’s Strength:
How capable the circuit board is to resist the physical and technical load on it should be a primary question.
There are various quality checks which you can apply to assure the strength of high voltage PCB.
One of the primary tests is called the thermal cycling test.
The strength of the board is tested by applying the minimum temperature of 25°C whereas 260°C is the maximum.
A good PCB should not have resistance to the current flow.
For that matter, you should consider the usage of heavy copper inside the circuit board.
Efficiency is one of the most important quality assurance aspects of a high voltage PCB.
It can be assured by testing it in a real-time environment when it is expected to perform its best.
Proper thermal management and component’s performance are checked in these types of quality tests.
Is Using High Voltage PCB Safe?
Of course, a high voltage PCB is quite safe to use due to numerous reasons.
One of the primary reasons is that the material used in the board is highly safety graded.
All the quality checks are also done on each component of high voltage PCB.
Its structure and design are also completely tested and safety-assured.
So, there are significant aspects that assure the safety of high voltage PCB.
Who is the Best Manufacturer of High Voltage PCB?
Finding an ideal manufacturer of high voltage PCB seems like a challenge.
However, it becomes quite easy if you know all the considerations to look for in the best manufacturer.
The important aspects a good manufacturer should have are as follows:
- For how many years the manufacturer has been making the PCBs should be a primary concern.
- How much the manufacturer is technically capable of manufacturing quality high voltage PCBs.
- Employees of that manufacturer should be well-versed with the required skills and expertise.
- The prices that the manufacturer is offering should not be very much high and should be comparable to others.
- The ideal manufacturer should be capable of delivering the PCBs right at your address.
- The manufacturer should provide you numerous design and structural options as per your requirements.
- It should be capable of providing you up to the marked packaging.
Manufacturers like PCBMay are some of the best ones who follow all the above-mentioned considerations.
What are the Things to Consider before Buying High Voltage PCB?
Before finalizing the decision of buying a high voltage PCB, you should consider various important factors.
Some of the primary considerations are as follows:
- You should have a proper design framework in your mind or on a paper for better compatibility.
- Which materials you will prefer to be used in your high voltage PCB should also be well-researched.
- You should always consider a quality manufacturer to make these sorts of PCBs for you.
- The overall structure of your product should be according to the design guidelines.
- Assure that you have all the requirements finalized.
- The price estimation should be done before ordering high voltage PCB.
How Can You Order High Voltage PCB?
Since there are various manufacturers, the process of buying high voltage PCBs also differs.
However, one of the primary procedures to follow for ordering it is as follows:
- Find a suitable PCB manufacturer who fulfills all your needs.
- Contact them through their website or any other available medium such as email, message, or call.
- Mention all of your requirements for a high voltage PCB in the message box.
- Request a price quote and compare that throughout the market.
- Ensure that all of your requirements will be fulfilled accordingly.
- Finalize the deal by making the payments through the proper channel.
- Do not forget to provide your shipment details and delivery preferences.
After following the above-mentioned process, your PCB order will be completely done.
What is the Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) for High Voltage PCB?
The minimum order quantity (MOQ) for ordering high voltage PCB varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.
This is because different manufacturers have a different set of rules.
However, most of the prominent manufacturers require just a 100 pieces minimum order quantity.
There are also some PCB manufacturers who don’t follow any strict MOQ rules so you can order as many as you require.
How to Import High Voltage PCB from China?
In order to import high voltage PCB from China to your country, you need to follow a number of steps.
These steps could vary from location to location but the primary procedure remains the same.
The important steps of importing it from China are as follows:
- Follow the pre-defined steps to order high voltage PCB from a good manufacturer.
- Get in touch with your goods import department to know more about detailed import requirements.
- Collaborate with your high voltage PCB manufacturer about the requirements in detail.
- Assure that the quality standards are met throughout the process.
- Make your shipment preferences such as transportation through air, sea, or by road accordingly.
- Your order of high-powered PCB will be at your doorstep soon.
In How Much Time Can You Deliver High Voltage PCB?
Different manufacturers can deliver high voltage PCB at varying times.
Prominent manufacturers like PCBMay always deliver high-quality PCB as soon as possible.
It can provide you custom high voltage PCBs within 2-3 weeks depending upon your requirements.
The shipment address and the domestic supply concerns also affect the delivery dates.
You can get in touch with your PCB manufacturer to know about the estimated delivery time in detail.
Can You Get Samples of High Voltage PCB before the Final Order?
Yes, you can surely get samples of your defined high voltage PCB from various good manufacturers.
This is because this becomes an important aspect to actually look at what you have required for.
After proper user testing, you can finalize whether you want to buy it or it doesn’t match your requirements.
If not matched, you can contact that manufacturer to clear any doubts.
However, some manufacturers can also provide you high voltage PCB samples for free.
They will only charge the shipment cost to your given address.
Do You Provide After-Sales Support of High Voltage PCB?
Yes, prominent PCB manufacturers like PCBMay always provide full-fledge after-sales support.
You can get support through various platforms consisting of email, messages, chat, calls, and video meetings.
There could also be other support channels depending upon the manufacturer.
PCBMay provides you full-time 24/7 support for all of your high voltage PCBs.
After Sales Support
How to Maintain the Health of High Voltage PCB?
Maintaining high voltage PCB is not difficult anymore because the manufacturer will provide you numerous usage guidelines.
By following those guidelines, you can easily maintain your health.
Some of the significant steps are as follows:
- Always provide the current within the capability ranges of high-powered PCB.
- Look for the heating indicators and use it in such a way that it doesn’t get extra heat.
- Cover the PCB in such a way that it can be protected from dust and moisture.
What is the Warranty of High Voltage PCB?
The provided warranty of high voltage PCB varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.
Prominent PCB manufacturers provide one year warranty for high voltage PCBs like PCBMay does.
The warranty period can also be short or long as per the manufacturer’s preferences.