Your Valuable 3 Oz Copper PCB Manufacturer and Supplier in China
PCBMay is a Premier 3 oz copper PCB manufacturer in China, 3 oz copper PCB is heavy copper PCB or thick copper PCB.
- Provide a one-stop solution for your PCB requirement
- Full range of raw material in stock
- Over 12 years 3 oz copper PCB manufacturing experience
- Customize layout and design for your PCB
- Fast delivery time for your 3 oz copper PCB
- 7/24 sales and engineering tech support
- Production Facility
|Quality Grade||Standard IPC 2 and IPC 3|
|Number of Layers||2 – 40layers|
|Order Quantity||1pc – 1Million+pcs|
|Build Time||24H – 4weeks|
|Material||S1150G, S1165, S1000-2|
|Board Size||Min 5*5mm | Max 500*650mm|
|Board Thickness||0.4mm – 6.5mm|
|Copper Weight (Finished)||0.5oz – 10.0oz|
|Solder Mask Sides||As per the file|
|Solder Mask Color||Green, White, Blue, Black, Red, Yellow|
|Silkscreen Sides||As per the file|
|Silkscreen Color||White, Black, Yellow|
|Surface Finish||HASL – Hot Air Solder Leveling|
|Lead-Free HASL – RoHS|
|ENIG – Electroless Nickle/Immersion Gold – RoHS|
|Immersion Silver – RoHS|
|Immersion Tin – RoHS|
|OSP – Organic Solderability Preservatives – RoHS|
|Min Annular Ring||4mil|
|Min Drilling Hole Diameter||6mil|
|Other Techniques||Gold fingers|
Why Choose PCBMay for Your 3 Oz Copper PCB
With the development of science and technology and the protection of the environment, green energy is highly valued, fuel vehicles will gradually fade out of the market, and new energy vehicles will dominate the market.
Therefore, there will be more and more car charging poles, and many high-tech companies have begun to develop similar products. Thick copper PCB will be used more and more nowadays, such as 3 oz copper PCB.
As an outstanding 3 oz copper PCB manufacture and factory in China, PCBMay makes effort to meet our customers’ all requirements.
We are specializing in offering worldwide companies with high-quality PCB fabrication, PCB assembly, and component sourcing services for over 12 years of experience.
Typically, we start 2 oz copper lamination to produce the PCB and then reach finished copper 3oz.
If you choose to purchase a 3 oz copper PCB at PCBMay, you can get a top-quality product. All 3 oz copper PCBs are 100% e-tested.
There are over 500 workers in our facility and we have two shifts, it can meet your prototype, small volume, and a large volume of 3 oz copper PCB.
PCBMay has many hi-tech production lines, including VCP PTH plating lines, six-pin drilling lines, LDI exposure lines, AOI inspection lines, Routing(CNC) production lines.
There are many applications for 3 oz copper PCB, such as power supply, uninterruptible power supply(UPS), aerospace, automotive, medical device, and industrial control.
PCBMay has one professional team from management, sales, engineering, production, quality, and technology. We are always here to support you.
When you have questions or inquiries, please email us.
3 Oz Copper PCB: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
Are you thinking of increasing the current carrying capacity of PCBs in your appliances?
Or are you demanding a PCB that can withstand substantial heat transfers in the most stable way?
If this is so, 3 oz copper PCB can be your best pick.
The following guide has gathered some helpful questions to clear all your questions about the 3 oz thick copper PCB.
So, let’s explore the information below without any further do!
- What is 3 oz Copper PCB?
- How Thick is 3 oz Copper PCB?
- In Which Appliances 3 oz Copper PCB is Used?
- How Can you Determine the Thickness of 3 oz Copper PCB?
- How to Choose the best 3 oz Copper PCB Manufacturer?
- What are the Features of 3 oz Copper PCB?
- What Materials are included in 3 oz Copper PCB?
- What is the Difference Between 2 oz and 3 oz Copper PCB?
- Is 3 oz Copper PCB Used in Printed Circuit Board Fabrication?
- How to Choose High-quality 3 oz Copper PCB?
- How to Measure the Weight of 3 oz Copper PCB?
- What are Quality Standards for 3 oz Copper PCB?
- What is the process of Manufacturing for 3 oz Copper PCB?
- How to Determine the Mechanical Properties of 3 oz Copper PCB?
- How many currents Can a 3 oz Copper PCB Carry?
- What is the Warranty of 3 oz Copper PCB?
- How to Import 3 oz Copper PCB?
- How to Select the Materials of 3 oz Copper PCB?
- What are the Manufacturing Problems in 3 oz Copper PCB?
What is 3 oz Copper PCB?
3 oz Copper PCB is defined as a particular type of PCB circuit board with copper layers weighing about 3 oz.
The copper layers are arranged in a particular order to create a PCB weighing only 3 oz. There are also many other types of PCBs with varied weights of copper.
The specified separation of copper around the PCB board is responsible for the particular design of the circuit board.
The minimum thickness of the 3 oz copper boards in the PCB circuits is estimated at up to 3.0mm. In addition to this, the finished copper thickness in such kind of PCB is also 3 OZ.
The solder mask in the 3 oz PCB circuits is white to determine the separation of the copper layers in the circuits.
The particular thickness in the copper PCB is responsible for specifying its thermal conductivity along with the PCB board thickness.
Moreover, the thermal conductivity and the current carrying capacity of the PCBs are also related to the thickness of copper in PCB circuits.
Thus, the increase in the copper thickness increases the thermal conductivity and current conductivity of the PCBs.
3 oz Thick Copper PCB
How Thick is 3 oz Copper PCB?
The thickness of the 3 OZ copper PCB is estimated up to 10 mil or 0.254mm.
This estimated value of the thickness of copper PCB is also given as 105 Micron. The high thickness of the 3 oz copper circuit PCB also gives it a Heavy Copper PCB name.
This heavy copper PCB is then integrated with the other thickness level PCBs to make a multi-layer PCB circuit.
A high-quality solder mask is used to adjust the copper layers over one another for attaining the desired thickness level of the PCB circuit board.
In addition to this, many manufacturers, including PCBMay, have the service to produce PCB circuit boards with varying thickness levels.
All you need to do is to visit their website and ask about the desired thickness level of the Copper PCB circuit boards. They will provide you the highest quality PCB circuit boards.
Thickness of Copper PCB
In Which Appliances 3 oz Copper PCB is Used?
The primary uses of 3 oz copper PCB are listed as under:
- It is used for the featuring of copper in the external and internal layers
- It is applied to a variety of circuits with different thickness levels
- It is used to give mechanical support to the PCB circuit board
- It is used to electrically connect the electronic components to the circuits
- Copper PCB is also used to improve the conducting pathways in the circuit boards
- It is used in the signal traces and tracks
- It is used to laminate the non-conductive pathways on the substrate
- It is utilized in the Manufacturing of the business machines
- Computers and other delicate devices also use 3 oz thick copper PCB
- Communication devices are also an application of the copper PCBs
- It dramatically improves the thermal and electrical conductivity of PCB circuits
- It helps in the easy and faster transmission of signals
- It prevents the wastage of electricity
Appliances of 3 oz Copper PCB
How Can you Determine the Thickness of 3 oz Copper PCB?
You can determine the thickness of 3 oz copper PCB by checking the height of the copper traces present on the PCB circuit board.
This thickness can be determined by examining the Copper PCB in three dimensions. Moreover, you can also take hints from the copper layer data of the Gerber Files.
The copper layers in PCB circuits are measured in ounces per square foot or called (oz/ ft2).
Besides measuring the thickness of copper in PCB circuits, it is also essential to measure the external factors such as standard temperature or the pressure environment.
For measuring the external factors of the PCB circuit, 215.3 is regarded as the common scale factor.
Another method for determining the thickness of 3 oz copper circuit PCB is the copper thickness conversion method.
In this method, the required PCB layer’s thickness is multiplied by the 1 OZ thickness and 1.37 mils.
In addition to all this, many other substantial factors significantly impact the thickness of the copper in heavy PCBs.
Some of these factors that you need to take into consideration while measuring the thickness are listed as under:
- Prepreg tolerances
- Base material tolerances
- Lamination process of the PCB
- Type of build up a PCB holds
- Flow characteristics
- The copper layout on the PCB circuit
Thickness Level of 3 oz Copper PCB
How to Choose the best 3 oz Copper PCB Manufacturer?
You can choose the best 3 oz copper PCB manufacturer by following the given steps:
- Select the Best Manufacturer
You’ll find an extended range of the best manufacturers of copper PCBs in China. But you don’t have to get confused by the bulk of manufacturers.
Make sure to analyze the working of each PCB manufacturer and choose the one that stands rightly on all your demands.
- Reach Out to the Manufacturer
The second step for choosing the best copper PCB manufacturer is to reach the manufacturer by contacting them through email or phone.
You can also visit the website of the manufacturer for getting further information.
- Check the Quality of PCB
There is no need for your to compromise on the quality of the thick copper PCB whenever selecting the best manufacturer.
Ensure that the manufacturer adopts all modern methods to manufacture the copper PCB under the supervision of experienced persons.
- Manufacturing Cost
Don’t forget to check the manufacturing cost of the thick copper PCB when selecting the best manufacturer.
Different manufacturers in China offer versatile prices for making a wide variety of 3 oz thick copper PCB circuits.
- Delivery Time
The delivery time of the manufacturer is also an essential factor to look for when searching for the best thick copper PCB manufacturer at the time.
Make sure that the selected manufacturer delivers the products on time to its customers. For checking the delivery history of a manufacturer, you can check the customer reviews.
Another most essential trait a manufacturer should hold is the regular inspection of the thick copper PCB.
The manufacturer should have an efficient team of inspectors who carry out a brief inspection of the item before delivering it to the customers.
For getting all these services, you can head out to PCBMay since they have the best strategies to fulfill your demands.
Choose the best 3 oz Copper PCB Manufacturer
What are the Features of 3 oz Copper PCB?
The main features of the 3 oz copper PCB are listed as under:
- It is made up of a particular type of base materials
- It has a reinforcing material of glass fiber and wood pulp
- The copper-clad is made tolerant for the international standards
- It makes an impeccably clean PCB
- Treatments are easy to make on the PCB
- It uses different types of substrates, traces, and solder masks
- It is an excellent heat and electric conductor
- It helps to improve the heat transfer along with the PCB
- It reduces the damaging stress in the PCB circuits
- It prevents the uneven heating of the PCB circuits
- Copper clad reinforcement is present on both sides of the circuit PCBs
Features of 3 oz Copper PCB
What Materials are included in 3 oz Copper PCB?
Almost all types of 3 oz copper PCB are made up of the copper lamination on the board.
In addition to the copper lamination, Tin alloy is also used to make the additional thick copper PCB.
Besides this, many other conductive materials are also integrated with the copper layers to build the circuit integrity in the PCB copper circuit.
Steel wood is also used to build sturdiness in the PCB circuits and make them more stable.
Some components of the thick copper PCB are also made up of carbon steel materials. The Prepreg material is also coated with resin and then dried in the thick copper PCB of thickness 3 oz.
The primary reason for using Prepreg material in 3 oz thick copper PCB is to enable the circuit to withstand the extended temperatures.
Laminates are also made of thin copper sheets, which are then integrated with the Prepreg materials on either side of the PCBA circuit.
Materials are included in 3 oz Copper PCB
What is the Difference Between 2 oz and 3 oz Copper PCB?
The Primary Difference between the 2 oz copper PCB lies in the thickness of the copper material used to construct their layers.
The thickness of the 2 oz thick copper PCB is estimated up to 70 micro-meter or 2.8 mils, whereas the thickness of the 3 oz thick copper PCB is estimated up to 3.0mm.
However, there are many other prominent differences between 2 oz thick copper PCB and 3 oz thick copper PCB.
Some of these differences include thermal conductivity, electrical conductivity, and stability.
3 oz thick copper PCB is regarded as a better conductor for heat and electricity than the 2 oz thick copper PCB.
Moreover, 3 oz PCB circuit layers are considered the Heavy PCB because of the prominent thickness of the copper, whereas the 2 oz copper circuit PCBs are known as simple PCBs.
The number of layers on the adjacent sides of both 2 oz and 3 oz thick circuit PCB is different.
The 3 oz PCB contains more copper layers than those present in the 2 oz copper circuit PCBs.
Difference Between 2 oz and 3 oz Copper PCB
Is 3 oz Copper PCB Used in Printed Circuit Board Fabrication?
Yes, 3 oz copper PCB is mainly used on the printed circuit board fabrication because it can provide mechanical support to the circuit.
Besides the mechanical support, it also helps the circuit components to connect electrically.
The conductive pathways in the 3 oz thick layers of PCB are also known to get etched from the laminated copper sheets.
The primary reason for using 3 oz copper PCB is to accommodate the current requirements in the PCB circuit design.
The different varieties of copper lamination in the fabrication of the printed board circuits offer the demanded circuit designs.
It is also used in the fabrication of circuit board materials because it consumes low cost and is re-workable. Thus if you want to change the design of the printed circuit board, you can easily do it.
Integrating the 3 oz thick copper PCB in the fabrication of printed board circuits creates low electronic noise.
3 oz Copper PCB Used in Printed Circuit Board Fabrication
How to Choose High-quality 3 oz Copper PCB?
You can choose the highest quality of 3 oz copper PCB are listed as under:
- Weight of the Copper PCB
Make sure to purchase the thick copper PCBs because they are hard to break during usage. The majority of the thin copper PCBs are brittle and are easy to break.
Thus, don’t forget to keep the weight of the copper PCB in your mind when you’re thinking of selecting the best thick copper PCB of thickness 3 oz.
- Space Requirement
Another factor that you need to ponder on is the space of the device for which 3 oz thick copper PCB is used.
If you have a broader space for installing the PCB circuits, select the thick copper PCB circuits. But if you don’t have a prominent space for installation, make sure to choose the thinner PCBs.
- Availability of Components and Connections
There are different types of components and connections present in the 3 oz thick copper PCB.
Thus, make sure to get your hands on the type of copper PCB that comes with the ability to sustain all kinds of components and connections.
- The impedance of the PCB
The thickness of the PCB should match the impedance of the circuit. That is, impedance is another factor to keep in mind when looking to purchase the appropriate PCB.
The dielectric material in the 3 oz thick copper PCB greatly helps deal with the circuit’s impedance control.
Thin board PCBs are pretty easy to fold because of their enhanced flexibility. But the increased flexibility of the circuit board also makes it susceptible to break.
That is why experts suggest choosing the thicker layers of the copper PCB because they are less susceptible to break.
High-quality 3 oz Copper PCB
How to Measure the Weight of 3 oz Copper PCB?
The weight specifications of the 3 oz copper PCB are measured by estimating the thickness of the copper layers present in the PCB.
The weight of the copper PCB is generally measured in ounces per square foot. But you can also estimate the copper PCB by checking the minimum copper-covered space.
The copper weight of the PCB is also directly related to the thickness of copper present in it. The greater the layers of copper in PCB, the greater will be the weight of the PCB.
The thickness of the copper PCB is visible by rolling up the PCB unless it occupies 1 square foot.
Moreover, the copper traces in the PCB also determine the weight of the 3 oz copper PCB. Some other factors that influence the weight of the thick copper PCB are given as under:
- Assembly of the connectors on the board
- Component compatibility in the PCB circuit
- Impedance control
Weight of 3 oz Copper PCB
What are Quality Standards for 3 oz Copper PCB?
Some of the essential quality standards that are used by the majority of the manufacturers, including PCBMay in the Manufacturing of 3 oz copper PCB, are listed as under:
- ISO 9001 Standard
It is one of the essential quality standards that is used in the Manufacturing of copper PCB. It makes sure everything about the quality management system (QMS) at the manufacturing site.
Manufacturing organizations use this standard to demonstrate the quality production and fulfillment of all customer needs.
- ISO 14100 Standard
Unlike all other quality manufacturing standards, ISO 14100 deals with setting all the requirements for establishing an environmental management system.
This quality standard helps the manufacturers to make use of efficient resources and reducing the production of waste. In addition to all this, this quality standard is also required for gaining a competitive advantage among the stakeholders.
- UL Standard
Another essential quality standard is the UL standard that helps manufacturers assess the products by testing the components, materials, and performance.
Besides this, it also dramatically helps to evaluate the availability of sustainable products at the manufacturing site.
If you want to purchase the highest quality 3 oz copper PCB manufactured with all these standards in consideration, PCBMay is the best platform for you!
What is the process of Manufacturing for 3 oz Copper PCB?
The manufacturing process of the 3 oz copper PCB comprises the following steps:
- The first step is the designing of the copper PCB structure
- The designed structure of the PCB is then reviewed by experts and engineers
- The finalized design is then printed in the form of sheets
- Copper layers are then printed into the thin sheets for interior layers
- Etching of the layers is done, and core copper material is removed
- All the etched layers are then assembled in a single row
- The last step is the automated optical inspection for the insurance of perfection
Process of Manufacturing for 3 oz Copper PCB
How to Determine the Mechanical Properties of 3 oz Copper PCB?
You can determine the mechanical properties of 3 oz copper PCB by the following methods:
- By specifying the thickness level of the PCB
- By checking the type of lamination used in its construction
- Checking the critical properties of the materials used in its construction
- Check the plane modulus of the PCB
- Check the natural frequency of the PCB circuits
How many currents Can a 3 oz Copper PCB Carry?
The 3 oz thick copper PCB can carry an average current of 30 Amperes in the circuit.
However, the current carrying capacity of the copper PCB depends on the thickness level.
The greater the thickness of copper layers in the copper PCB, the greater the current-carrying capacity.
What is the Warranty of 3 oz Copper PCB?
The warranty of 3 oz copper PCB is available for up to 3 to 5 years.
But some efficient PCB manufacturers in China offer the lifetime warranty of copper PCB.
How to Import 3 oz Copper PCB?
You can follow the given steps for importing the 3 oz copper PCB from China:
- Select the correct type of manufacturer
- Contact the manufacturer and finalize your deals
- Ask the manufacturer about the requirements for importing the items
- Deposit the advance payment
- Allow the manufacturer to ship the item to the given address
- Transfer the remaining payment after receiving the payment
How to Select the Materials of 3 oz Copper PCB?
Make sure to check the following properties while selecting the suitable material for 3 oz copper PCB:
- Check the conductivity of the material used in the construction of the copper PCB
- Inspect the impedance control
- Check the thermal conductivity
- Make sure to check the dielectric constant of the material
- Check the thickness of the material used in the construction of PCB
What are the Manufacturing Problems in 3 oz Copper PCB?
Some of the common problems faced in the Manufacturing of the 3 oz copper PCB are listed as under:
- Starved thermals
- Insufficient annular rings
- Closing areas of copper to the board edges
- Missing solder mask
- The gap between the pads