Your Reliable 2 Oz Copper PCB Manufacturer and Supplier in China
PCBMay is a leading 2 oz copper PCB manufacturer in China, 2 oz copper is our standard copper thickness.
- Over 12 years 2 oz copper PCB manufacturing experience
- Full range of raw material in stock
- Certified with the USA and Canada UL
- Thick copper and high power PCBs
- 24h quick-turn service for your 2 oz copper PCB
- 7/24 sales and engineering tech support
- Production Facility
|Quality Grade||Standard IPC 2 and IPC 3|
|Number of Layers||2 – 40layers|
|Order Quantity||1pc – 1Million+pcs|
|Build Time||24H – 4weeks|
|Material||S1150G, S1165, S1000-2|
|Board Size||Min 5*5mm | Max 500*650mm|
|Board Thickness||0.4mm – 6.5mm|
|Copper Weight (Finished)||0.5oz – 10.0oz|
|Solder Mask Sides||As per the file|
|Solder Mask Color||Green, White, Blue, Black, Red, Yellow|
|Silkscreen Sides||As per the file|
|Silkscreen Color||White, Black, Yellow|
|Surface Finish||HASL – Hot Air Solder Leveling|
|Lead-Free HASL – RoHS|
|ENIG – Electroless Nickle/Immersion Gold – RoHS|
|Immersion Silver – RoHS|
|Immersion Tin – RoHS|
|OSP – Organic Solderability Preservatives – RoHS|
|Min Annular Ring||4mil|
|Min Drilling Hole Diameter||6mil|
|Other Techniques||Gold fingers|
Why Choose PCBMay for Your 2 Oz Copper PCB
PCBMay is a world-class 2 oz copper PCB manufacturer and supplier in China. We are specializing in offering worldwide companies top-quality PCB manufacturing, PCB assembly, and component sourcing service for over 12 years of experience.
If you are looking for a 2 oz copper PCB supplier, PCBMay is your perfect choice. We can offer many types of PCBs for your project, including a rigid printed circuit board, flexible PCB, rigid-flex circuit board.
We have the full capabilities to help you in the PCB industry, so you just need to send the Gerber file and BOM list to us, we will ship the satisfying product for you.
You maybe had some quality issue about the 2 oz copper thickness before, the wall copper thickness was not enough. Here you don’t worry about it. Because we can provide a micro-section sample to you, you will see the finished copper and wall copper thickness. What’s more, you can use it for your experiment as well.
PCBMay has a full range of raw materials in stock, including Shengyi, ITEQ, KB, Rogers, Arlon, Nelco, Taconic, Nanya, etc. We can meet your different demands of 2 oz copper PCB.
Our engineering and sales team can always support you, even you send inquiries at late night, we can send an offer to you within 1-2hours. Therefore, communication is no barrier.
As an ISO-certified PCB company, we provide high-quality to our customers. From incoming material, PCB fabrication, PCB assembly to final test, we have strict control systems and make sure there’ll be no zero defect.
We are very happy to support you if you have any questions.
2 Oz Copper PCB: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
Have you thought about switching to a PCB with better thermal and current control?
Are you interested in increasing your devices’ thermal conductivity?
In both of those cases, copper PCBs with 2 oz of copper can be a good solution.
Based on a thorough analysis and research, we have compiled some helpful questions about this copper PCB in the guide below.
So let’s just dive in!
- What Is A 2 Oz Copper PCB?
- What Is The Difference Between 1 Oz And 2 Oz Copper PCB?
- How Much Space Is Required Between Copper Paths For 2 Oz Copper PCB?
- Do 2 Oz Copper PCB Use Vias?
- Are There Closed Vias In 2 Oz Copper Boards?
- What Factors Affect The Current Carrying Capacity Of 2 Oz Copper PCB?
- What Is The Cost Difference Between 2 Oz Copper PCB And Other PCBs?
- Which Steps Are Involved In The Fabrication Of 2 Oz Copper PCBs?
- Are There Any Multilayer Variations Of 2 Oz Copper PCB?
- How Does A Double-Sided Board Of 2 Oz Copper PCB Differ From The Multilayer?
- What Is The Component Attachment Process Of 2 Oz Copper PCB?
- What Are The Specifications Of 2 Oz Copper PCBs?
- How Are 2 Oz Copper PCB Board Traces Made?
- Which Different Components Are Used On 2 Oz Copper PCB
- Are Adhesives Used In 2 Oz Copper PCB?
- What Are The Applications Of 2 Oz Copper PCBs?
- How Is Etching Carried Out In The Manufacturing Of 2 Oz Copper PCB?
- What Is Design Assembly Methodology Used For 2 Oz Copper PCB?
- What Are The Limitations In The Assembly Process Of 2 Oz Copper PCB?
- What Is The Quality Standard Of Chinese 2 Oz Copper PCB?
- What Is The Process Of Testing 2 Oz Copper PCB?
What Is A 2 Oz Copper PCB?
A 2 oz copper PCB is defined as the particular type of printed board circuit that comes with a copper weight per square foot of about two ounces.
It has the standard internal copper layer with an even thickness of the metal. It is present on the 3 oz finished copper layer for a better arrangement of the external layers.
For making the 2 oz thick copper PCB, the manufacturers use almost two ounces of the highest quality copper to make a precise dimension.
The exact dimensions of the copper are spread up to one foot on the PCB circuit board.
The final process for making the 2 oz thick copper PCB results in the thickness of 2.8 mils or 70 micrometers.
Besides all this, 2 oz thick copper PCB is one of the most common types of PCBs used in circuit boards since it is used in the most efficient prototypes.
The thickness of the 2 oz thick copper PCB is more than enough to be used as the most helpful foil in many appliances.
Moreover, 2 oz copper PCB is a far better item than the 1 oz copper PCB because of its compatibility with the etched boards.
2 Oz Copper PCB
What Is The Difference Between 1 Oz And 2 Oz Copper PCB?
Some of the potential differences between 1 oz and 2 oz copper PCB are listed as under:
- 2 oz thick copper PCB is more efficient than the 1 oz copper PCB
- It delivers a large quantity of current as compared to the 1 oz copper PCB
- Thermal control is much better in 2 oz thick copper PCB as compared to the 1 oz copper PCB
- 2 oz thick copper PCB offers high power, charger, and adapter compatibility than the 1 oz copper PCB
- The thickness of both 1 oz and 2 oz thick copper PCB also differs
- 1 oz copper PCB contains only one ounce of copper, whereas the 2 oz thick copper PCB contains two ounces of copper per square foot
- 2 oz thick copper PCB offers more excellent applications as compared to the 1 oz thick copper PCB
Difference Between 1 Oz And 2 Oz Copper PCB
How Much Space Is Required Between Copper Paths For 2 Oz Copper PCB?
The minimum space required between the copper paths for the 2 oz copper PCB is regarded as seven mils or, more precisely, abbreviated as 0.178mm.
The board management of the printed board circuit is entirely dependent on the space requirements between the different copper paths of 2 oz thick copper PCB.
The majority of the space between the copper paths is measured with the help of digital and analog signals.
The adequate space between the copper paths allows the printed circuit to get an impressive placement of the components on the board.
In addition to this, the right amount of space between the copper paths is also essential for improving maneuverability during the soldering process.
Space Between Copper Paths For 2 Oz Copper PCB
Do 2 Oz Copper PCB Use Vias?
Yes, 2 oz thick copper PCB uses vias having two pads in the corresponding positions on the printed board circuit.
Vias are the small holes present in the PCB that lie on the corresponding positions present on the different layers of the PCB board. They are electrically connected to the board through a hole.
There are many types of Vias available in the 2 oz thick copper PCB. Thus, you can get a brief insight of the through-holes on the board with the help of buried vias.
In addition to this, the availability of blind holes also allows the users to get an idea about the through-holes on the printed circuit board.
However, the vias in the 2 oz copper PCB helps to bring the given benefits to the PCB circuit board.
- It makes sure everything about the correct board management
- Vias dramatically helps to increase the component density on the 2 oz thick copper PCB circuit
- 2 oz thick copper PCB also plays the leading role to reduce the size of the PCB
- It makes the 2 oz thick copper PCB to be used in the small and delicate devices
- You can use Vias to find the wire management in the PCB circuits
2 Oz Copper PCB Use Vias
Are There Closed Vias In 2 Oz Copper Boards?
Yes, 2 oz copper boards contain a prominent number of closed Vias.
The addition of the closed vias in the 2 oz thick copper PCB helps prevent the soldering of material from trickling into the circuit.
Closed and smaller vias present in the 2 oz thick copper PCBs are more likely to solder on the board than the larger vias.
The conductive nature of the 2 oz copper PCB allows the soldiers to conduct current through them, thereby reducing the chances of short circuits.
The closed Vias in the 2 oz copper boards also plays an essential role in attaining interference with the board’s components.
Regardless of the close nature of the vias, they are not more likely closed up to fill the gap in the board circuits.
However, the closed Vias in the 2 oz copper boards need ultimate care during the sealing process.
The primary reason behind the ultimate care for sealing the closed Vias is significantly impacted by temperature changes and the movement of air within the vias tunnels in the printed board circuits.
You can head out to PCBMay to get a wise number of closed Vias in the 2 oz thick copper PCBs.
Closed Type of Vias In 2 Oz Thick Copper Boards
What Factors Affect The Current Carrying Capacity Of 2 Oz Copper PCB?
Some of the potential factors that affect the current carrying capacity of 2 oz copper PCB are listed as under:
- Thickness Level of the Copper
The thickness of copper installed in the 2 oz thick copper PCB affects its capacity to conduct the current in the circuits.
The amount of current passing through the area of thick copper PCB is directly proportional to the amount of copper present in it.
Thus, the increase in the thickness of copper increases the amount of current in PCBs.
- Cross-Sectional Area of the Trace
The cross-sectional area and the width of copper metal in the circuits also influence the amount of current in PCBs.
You can increase the amount of current passing through the circuit by increasing the width and cross-sectional copper in 2 oz thick copper PCB.
Another factor determining the amount of current in the 2 oz thick copper PCB is the environment for the operation of the PCB circuit.
Research shows that the decrease in the temperature increases the current conduction in the 2 oz thick copper.
Current Carrying Capacity Of 2 Oz Copper PCB
What Is The Cost Difference Between 2 Oz Copper PCB And Other PCBs?
The cost difference between the 2 oz copper PCB and other PCBs with different levels of copper thickness is related to the versatility of copper weight.
The cost of the 2 oz thick copper PCB increases with the increase in its copper weight.
That is why the majority of the 2 oz thick copper PCBs cost higher than the other types of PCBs.
Another potential reason for the increase in the cost of 2 oz thick copper PCB is the enhanced difficulty in manufacturing it.
The majority of the manufacturers find many designing and manufacturing problems while making the 2 oz thick copper PCB. This is due to the increased weight of the copper in it.
Contacting the PCBMay is the best way to purchase the premium quality of 2 oz thick copper PCB.
Which Steps Are Involved In The Fabrication Of 2 Oz Copper PCBs?
The fabrication of the 2 oz thick copper PCBs are explained as under:
- The first step is the preparation of the 2 oz copper material with all other materials such as FR-4 and fiber-reinforced glass
- The preparation of the 2 oz thick copper PCB is done with the help of computer programs
- All instructions are already installed on the computerized machines
- Photo-plotter helps to make the particular designs of the prepared materials
- According to the use of applications, the manufacturer makes the internal layers of the 2 oz thick copper PCB
- Lamination is done to fabricate the installed layers
- Component placement is done by drilling the holes on the printed board circuits
- All drilled holes are then plated to improve their current conductivity
- The finalization of the process is done to make the layers more finished
- Copper traces are coated with the help of a solder mask
- After solder mask, the manufacturers apply a surface finish
- A printer is used to print the legend for the printed board circuit
- The fabricated PCB is then tested before packaging
Chinese manufacturers, including PCBMay, carry out the fabrication of the 2 oz thick copper PCB.
Process for Fabricating 2 Oz Copper PCBs
Are There Any Multilayer Variations Of 2 Oz Copper PCB?
Yes, almost all types of 2 oz copper PCB are available with multilayer variations.
There are more than 20 layers in the formation of a multilayer 2 oz thick copper PCB.
However, the integration of the multilayers in the 2 oz copper PCB allows the product compactness without impacting the quality of the product due to the reduction in the board composition.
Thus, if you want to improve the performance of the 2 oz thick copper PCB, you can install multilayers in it by increasing its density.
Multilayer Variations Of 2 Oz Copper PCB
How Does A Double-Sided Board Of 2 Oz Copper PCB Differ From The Multilayer?
Some of the potential differences between the double-sided board of 2 oz copper PCB and the multilayer thick copper PCB are listed as under:
- Compared to multilayer copper PCB, the two double-sided boards contain substrate appropriately coated.
- Double-sided boards of 2 oz copper create two-layer construction, whereas the multilayer 2 oz copper PCB demands multilayer construction
- Multi-layer PCBs are characterized by more than two layers, whereas the double-sided 2 oz, thick copper PCB is represented by only two layers
- Multilayer PCB contains well-furnished inner layers made up of glass material, but double-sided board contain superficial layers
- Unlike double-sided board, multilayers are combined through high-quality lamination
What Is The Component Attachment Process Of 2 Oz Copper PCB?
The component attachment process of 2 oz copper PCB comprises of the following steps:
- The boards of 2 oz copper PCBs are mounted with the through-holes
- The manufactured components are then combined with the circuit board
- Wire extensions are used to connect the components
- Holes are installed on the board by drilling
- Rough-handling of the board is done to ensure the reliability of the through-hole components
- All surface-mounted parts are made smaller for the board
Component Attachment Process Of 2 Oz Copper PCB
What Are The Specifications Of 2 Oz Copper PCBs?
The primary technical specifications of 2 oz thick copper PCB are explained as below:
- It contains copper weighing up to 2 ounces per square foot
- It can have layered up to 20
- The panel size of 2 oz thick copper PCB is two feet by two and a half feet
- Material composition alters the copper thickness
- The copper traces are minimum up to 7 mils
- It has prominent impedance control
- Holes with a minimum diameter of 0.15 mm are present in it
- The liquid photo-imageable mask is also present in the 2 oz thick copper PCB
Specifications Of 2 Oz Copper PCBs
How Are 2 Oz Copper PCB Board Traces Made?
The 2 oz copper PCB board traces are made with the help of two approaches which are listed as under:
- Subtractive Approach
This approach is carried through the etching process.
The copper traces aren’t removed from the trace pattern in this method.
Thus, removing the undesired amount of copper from the board will help the manufacturers attain the required pattern.
- Additive Approach
Several processes are used in this method to make the 2 oz copper PCB traces.
Some of these processes include the plating, conductive paste screening, and the insertion method.
This approach works by adding the substrate in line with the design pattern of the traces.
Which Different Components Are Used On 2 Oz Copper PCB?
There are many components that are used in the 2 oz thick copper PCB.
However, the number of components used on the 2 oz thick copper PCB can be active or passive.
Explore some of these components as under:
- Electric Diode
It is a particular type of device that determines the never-ending flow of current in the PCB circuits.
This component on the circuit board of 2 oz copper PCB protects them from the chances of reverse voltages.
- Integrated Circuit Chips
Another most critical component that is used on the 2 oz copper PCB is the integrated circuit chips. They contain many small components which are made with a die and are interconnected with each other.
The integrated circuit chips are used as memory storage in the circuit boards.
- Electronic Capacitor
This component on the 2 oz copper PCB is used to store the electric charges in small amounts. It helps to charge or discharge the circuit.
The electronic capacitors store the charge by deriving them from the voltage source in the circuit.
Are Adhesives Used In 2 Oz Copper PCB?
Yes, adhesives are used in the 2 oz copper PCB because they greatly help join the materials during the layering of the PCB circuit.
In addition to this, many adhesives are used, such as polyester adhesives, polyamide adhesives, epoxies, and acrylic adhesives.
For attaining superior thermal resistance in the copper PCBs, the majority of the manufacturers use Polyamide adhesives.
Besides polyamide adhesives, polyester adhesives are relatively cheaper, and acrylic adhesives are famous for tough bonds used in polymerization.
Common Adhesives for 2 Oz Copper PCB
What Are The Applications Of 2 Oz Copper PCBs?
The applications of the 2 oz copper PCBs are listed as under:
- Many medical types of equipment use copper PCBs for wireless controllers
- Drug delivery and pacemakers also use the 2 oz thick copper PCB
- Handheld units and telecommunication components use furnished 2 oz thick copper PCB
- The automotive industry also contains 2 oz thick copper PCB
- 2 oz printed board circuits are also used in the screen and music systems
- Many consumer electronic appliances also use the copper PCBs
- Televisions and sound systems make the most of the 2 oz copper PCB
Applications Of 2 Oz Copper PCBs
How Is Etching Carried Out In The Manufacturing Of 2 Oz Copper PCB?
Common methods that are included in the etching of 2 oz thick copper PCB includes:
- Chemical Etching
This etching method uses high-quality sulfate and chloride compounds in the manufacturing process.
Ammonium sulfate and ferric chloride are regarded as other potential chemicals used in the etching of 2 oz thick copper PCB.
This process involves applying the chemicals on the surface of the circuit board to eat away the unprotected surface.
In this way, the desired pattern for the traces on the PCB will be attained.
Moreover, the attained traces are then electroplated with high-quality tin to resist the activity of chemical agents.
- Laser Etching
Another method for etching in the manufacturing of 2 oz copper PCB is laser etching. It works by directly transferring the copper to the surface of the board.
This process can lead to some inconveniences during the filming process. Moreover, it eliminates imaging simplification.
After forming the desired trace pattern, the intense laser is then used to continue the etching process.
PCBMay is one of those Chinese manufacturers that conduct the etching of the 2 oz thick copper PCB in the most defined way.
What Is Design Assembly Methodology Used For 2 Oz Copper PCB?
Following types of design assemblies are used for 2 oz copper PCB:
- Manual Assembly Method
This process corresponds with the manual assembling of the 2 oz copper PCB. All the holes are prepared manually.
Moreover, it also includes the sealing and padding of the holes for ensuring long-lasting solderability.
This assembly method doesn’t deal with the entry of solder flows.
- Automated Assembly
Another method for assembling the 2 oz copper PCB is the automated assembly.
It deals with the placement of components during the assembly of the PCB circuit. Moreover, it uses robotic arms for carrying out the soldering process.
It also uses an automated method called reflow for mounting the components on the surface.
What Are The Limitations In The Assembly Process Of 2 Oz Copper PCB?
Some laminations that are faced in the assembly process of 2 oz copper PCB are listed as under:
- Many components can be fixed on a single operation just to limit the assembly.
- The size of the panel impacts the assembly of the 2 oz copper PCB
- Double-sided boards offer a complicated process of assembly
- The size of the installed components also alter the assembly process
- Through-hole mounted components are challenging to assemble, whereas the surface mounted components are pretty easy to assemble
What Is The Quality Standard Of Chinese 2 Oz Copper PCB?
The quality standards of the Chinese 2 oz copper PCB are given as under:
PCBMay is one of those Chinese manufacturers that fulfill all these quality standards while manufacturing the 2 oz thick copper PCB.
What Is The Process Of Testing 2 Oz Copper PCB?
All types of 2 oz copper PCB are tested with the help of the following steps:
- The majority of the 2 oz thick copper PCBs are tested with the help of a flying probe test
- In this test, cameras and controllers are used to attach the PCB
- These flying probes are then inspected with the help of computer programs
- This will help to determine the misalignment in the flying probes
- After the examination of the board, with the help of investigations, they are connected with sensors
- The sensors will detect the error in their alignment
- They also include the counters specialized for measuring frequency and multimeters
- Flying probes are also used to examine the short and open circuits