Awesome Blind Vias PCB Products Made in China
We are the #1 versatile PCB maker in China. For over more than a decade, we have perfected the craft of Blind Vias PCBs as well as HDI PCBs.
- Remarkable PCB designs customized for you
- Fast quotation for your convenience
- Delivery to your doorstep on time
- 24/7 customer support anywhere you are
- Make Quick-turn PCBs for EMS
Blind Vias PCB from PCBMAY– Supporting Your Business Growth
If you are seeking a great producer of PCBs from China, you’re right to look us up. At PCBMay, we give you high-value Blind Vias PCBs at a low price.
We do not fall short on quality, as it is our credo to be the best in the PCB industry.
If you partner with us, your brand will accelerate, because no one does PCBs better than us.
Let us help you with your Blind Vias PCB needs. Call now!
Types of Blind Vias PCBFor Your Multiple Needs
Your Excellent Blind Vias PCB Manufacturer
Do you want to know how PCBMay fabricates its Blind Vias PCB? We present you with a video that shows how the process is done.
We exercise strict quality control, as we conform to UL certification and RoHS standards.
Please get in touch to avail yourself of our Blind Vias PCBs.
Related Blind Vias PCB
Blind Vias PCB Production Details As Following Up
|Base Material||KB、Shengyi、ShengyiSF305、FR408、FR408HR、IS410、FR406、GETEK、370HR、IT180A、Rogers4350B、Rogers4000、PTFE Laminates(Rogers series、Taconic series、Arlon series、Nelco series)、Rogers/Taconic/Arlon/Nelco laminate with FR-4 material(including partial Ro4350B hybrid laminating with FR-4)|
|Board Type||Backplane、HDI、High multi-layer 、blind&buried PCB、Embedded Capacitance、Embedded resistance board 、Heavy copper power PCB、Backdrill.|
|Copper Thickness||Min. 1/2 OZ, Max. 10 OZ|
|Maximum Board Size||1100*500mm(43”*19”)|
|Min laser drilling size||4mil|
|Solder Mask||Green, Black, Blue, Red, White, Yellow,Purple matte/glossy|
|Surface Treatment||Flash gold(electroplated gold)、ENIG、Hard gold、Flash gold、HASL Lead free、OSP、ENEPIG、Soft gold、Immersion silver、Immersion Tin、ENIG+OSP,ENIG+Gold finger,Flash gold(electroplated gold)+Gold finger,Immersion silver+Gold finger,Immersion Tin+Gold finger.|
|Min. Annular Ring||3mil|
|Aspect ratio||10:1(HASL Lead free、HASL Lead、ENIG、Immersion Tin、Immersion silver、ENEPIG);8:1(OSP)|
|Impedance control||±5ohm(＜50ohm), ±10%(≥50ohm)|
|Other Techniques||Blind/Buried Via|
|Via in Pad|
Here there’re many laminate material datasheets, they’re useful and helpful for you, please see them:
|SUPPLIER||PCB LAMINATE||TYPE||MATERIAL DATASHEET||TG||TD||DK(1MHZ)||DK(1GHZ)||DK(10GHZ)|
|Hitachi||MCL-BE- 67G||Modified Epoxy||DOWNLOAD||140||340||4.9||4.4||–|
|N4000-13EP SI||Modified Epoxy||DOWNLOAD||210-240||350||–||3.4||3.2|
|Stablcor||ST325||–||DOWNLOAD||Thermal conductivity:75w/m.k(with 1oz copper)|
|ST10||–||DOWNLOAD||Thermal conductivity:325w/m.k(with 1oz copper)|
|Bergquist||ht-04503||–||DOWNLOAD||Thermal conductivity:2.2w/m.k(with 1oz copper)|
PCBMay offers flexible shipping methods for our customers, you may choose from one of the methods below.
DHL offers international express services in over 220 countries.
DHL partners with PCBMay and offers very competitive rates to customers of PCBMay.
It normally takes 3-7 business days for the package to be delivered around the world.
UPS gets the facts and figures about the world’s largest package delivery company and one of the leading global providers of specialized transportation and logistics services.
It normally takes 3-7 business days to deliver a package to most of the addresses in the world.
TNT has 56,000 employees in 61 countries.
It takes 4-9 business days to deliver the packages to the hands
of our customers.
FedEx offers delivery solutions for customers around the world.
It takes 4-7 business days to deliver the packages to the hands
of our customers.
5. Air, Sea/Air, and Sea
If your order is of large volume with PCBMay, you can also choose
to ship via air, sea/air combined, and sea when necessary.
Please contact your sales representative for shipping solutions.
Note: if you need others, please contact your sales representative for shipping solutions.
On our website you can use the following payment methods:
Telegraphic Transfer(TT): A telegraphic transfer (TT) is an electronic method of transferring funds utilized primarily for overseas wire transactions. It’s very convenient to transfer.
Bank/Wire transfer: To pay by wire transfer using your bank account, you need to visit your nearest bank branch with the wire transfer information. Your payment will be completed 3-5 business days after you have finished the money transfer.
Paypal: Pay easily, fast and secure with PayPal. many other credit and debit cards via PayPal.
Credit Card: You can pay with credit card: Visa, Visa Electron, MasterCard, Maestro.
Long-Standing Expertise in Blind Vias PCB – PCBMAY
Due to the miniaturization of digital products, Blind Vias PCBs are in great demand. PCBMay has upped production of High-density and high-frequency boards. With PCBMay, these Blind Vias PCBs are 100% well-made to satisfy you.
- Boost number of interconnects
- Highly suitable for High-density applications (HDI, HDMI)
- Can use Via-in-pad and VIPPO
- Compatibility with Flip Chip
- Help add conductor traces for Ball Grid Arrays (BGA)
When you need a trustworthy supplier of PCBs, you can turn to PCBMay. We have refined the production of Blind Vias PCB as well as Microvia PCBs. So, every PCB that comes out of our plant is defect-free.
PCBMay is also considerate of your needs as an EMS. If you need a huge order, we will make it a possibility. Aside from being the go-to supplier of giant companies domestically, we have customers all over the world. This is why our sales team is trained to focus on your needs.
Whatever type of Blind Vias PCB you require, just tell us. We will accommodate all sorts and types of design requests. PCBMay will give you too the CAD and CAM reports, which are very much necessary.
For Quality Assurance, you can be sure that our Blind Vias PCBs follow updated rules. As all reputable PCB manufacturers should be, we are ISO 9001 (QMS) and 14001 (environmental standards) compliant.
You will find our payment terms flexible, depending on the type of your order. As well, our easy-to-access payment channels make transactions speedy for you.
So, reduce delays in your business. Call PCBMay now to order your Blind Vias PCB!
Blind Vias PCB: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
PCBs are the core powerhouse of electronics that connect the electronic components. The components generate the functionality of the electronics. Blind vias PCB is one kind of PCB that is made with particular vias.
You may have questions about vias and its objective. You are in the right place if you want to know about blind vias printed circuit boards. You will find here a discussion and many answers about blind vias PCB and related facts to production.
Go through the article thoroughly to find the things unveiled.
- What Are Blind Vias PCBs?
- Why Are Blind Vias Used In Blind Vias PCBs?
- What Types Of Blind Vias Processes Are Used In Blind Vias PCB?
- How To Design Blind Vias PCB?
- What Are The Features Of Blind Vias PCB?
- What Are The Advantages Of Using Blind Vias PCBs?
- What Are The Essential Considerations About Blind Vias PCB Design?
- What Are The Types Of Corrosion That Happen In Blind Vias PCBs?
- How To Prevent Corrosions On Your Blind Vias PCB?
- What Are Some Important EMI Shielding And Filtering Options For Blind Vias PCBs?
- What Are The Common Causes Of High Heat In Blind Vias PCBs?
- How Could You Prevent The High Heat On Your Blind Vias PCBs?
- What Are The Surface Finishes For The Vias Holes And Pads Of Blind Vias PCBs?
- What Are The Electrical Properties Of Blind Vias PCB Materials?
- What Are The Best Practices To Choose The Substrate For Blind Vias PCBs?
- Why Is Impedance Matching Important For Blind Vias PCB?
- What Are Some Basic Blind Vias PCB Grounding Rules?
- What Features Define A Reliable Blind Vias PCB Manufacturer?
What Are Blind Vias PCBs?
We must first understand what a via is before proceeding to the blind vias PCB. The term “via” refers to the electrical connections through the copper layers of multilayer printed circuit boards. Blind vias are an effective form of vias.
Blind vias are drilled in the PCB, starting from any outer to one or more inner layers. This is referred to as a blind via. However, it does not pass through the opposing outer layer and out the other side. PCBs with blind vias are referred to as blind vias PCBs.
Blind Via With Other Vias On PCB
Blind vias are used to make electrical connections between layers of a PCB. You will find blind vias in HDI PCBs. Besides this, blind vias help to reduce the size of PCBs. Additionally, signal integrity is guaranteed.
Blind vias in blind vias PCBs allow for the connecting of components according to requirements. Unlike through-hole vias, they do not needlessly pass through all layers, even if they are not required to do so in some instances. It provides PCB designers and engineers with a new routing option to choose from.
If you want to know more about PCB vias, the following video is for you:
Why Are Blind Vias Used In Blind Vias PCBs?
In electronics, the fundamental idea is that short conductive routes should be used to minimize interference and signal noise to a minimum. Long pathways cause signal interference, which causes the signals to be disrupted. And at this moment, blind vias PCB demonstrate their abilities.
Blind vias are short and used as per needs. They avoid unnecessary length, unlike through-hole vias. This helps to reduce parasitic capacitance. As a straightforward type of path, blind vias ensure and intensify signal integrity.
Blind Vias Ensure Signal Integrity On PCBs
Blind vias also prevent signal degradation and reflections. If the signal is discontinued, it could affect the signal and power integrity. And this will harm the high-speed designs. But, blind vias PCBs prevent the mentioned cons. For this benefit, high-speed signal lines utilize blind vias.
What Types Of Blind Vias Processes Are Used In Blind Vias PCB?
Primarily, four types of PCB blind via fabrication process are used in blind vias PCBs. They are discussed below.
Sequential Lamination Process
Sequential lamination begins at the very beginning of the PCB layer techniques and proceeds in a clockwise direction. In all products, a very thin laminate is subjected to a series of processes step by step. It is most often used for double-sided printed circuit boards (PCBs).
Blind vias PCBs complete coating on all layers with a sequential process. Drilling, etching, and plating are the last steps in the manufacturing process. It is also a little expensive process.
The sequential blind vias procedure becomes costly as a result of the process complexity.
Photo Defined Process
A photosensitive resin is applied to the core of the printed circuit board (PCB) in the photo-defined process. After this, you need to bring the board to light. The light will help to harden the substrates.
The etching solution is used to remove the material from the photosensitive sheet once it has hardened. The copper is then placed into the holes in the steel.
When utilized in large quantities, photo-defined blind vias PCBs are a cost-effective solution.
Controlled depth Process
The controlled depth process uses drilling techniques to create holes on the PCBs. In contrast to through-hole drilling, the controlled drilling is halted in a specific layer of the blind vias PCB.
It is the most cost-effective method of producing blind vias on printed circuit boards. The regulated depth procedure requires the smallest drill size possible, which is 0.15 mm.
Laser Drilled Process
The laser drilling is utilized after finishing the lamination of all internal layers of the PCB. But you have to do this before finishing the outer layers. An advantage of laser drilling is that it could be done together in copper and dielectric materials.
Laser Drilling Is A Cost-Effective Blind VIa Fabrication
It is one of the most cost-effective blind vias PCB processes.
How To Design Blind Vias PCB?
The general design steps for making PCBs follow several gradual tasks. Here are the complete steps to design a blind vias PCB.
Schematic Diagram Creation
Any electronics starts with a diagram. The diagram is the primary design blueprint for the circuit. A schematic diagram determines how the shape will be, how the components will be placed on the board.
Also, other details are described in the schematic diagram. So, you have to plan your blind vias PCB and implement the design in the schematic diagram.
Layout And Layout Stack Up Creation
After drawing the diagram, you have to import the schematic capture to your layout design software to design the PCB layout. Based on the diagram, design the basic and a blank layout of the blind vias PCB.
Determine and design the layer stack-ups.
Print The layout
After successfully designing the layout, now the time is to print the final layout into the blind vias PCB board. You have to ensure the proper printing of the layout on the board. You can use different PCB printing technology such as 3D printing, laser printing, or heat-and-pressure printing.
Check on how 3D PCB printing works:
Etching And Vias Implementation
Now, the time is to etch the conductive traces. When using chemical, heat, and pressure printing, you must etch the traces separately after PCB printing. Ferric chloride, Alkaline, sulfuric acid, etc., are used to etch the conductive traces.
Conductive Traces On The PCB
After etching, drill the blind vias on your blind vias PCB.
Component Placing And Routing
After successfully etching and via creating, now the time is for placing the components. You need to determine the elements during the schematic drawing. Because the purposes of the PCBs decide which features would be used.
The components assembling is the final step of making the blind vias PCB. After placing the components correctly, your PCB is ready to perform in real-life applications.
What Are The Features Of Blind Vias PCB?
You will find the following features on blind vias PCB:
- They have a higher pad density. They also have more wiring density than the typical PCBs.
- In the blind vias PCB, you will see more holes. The extra holes are used to join the layers of the PCBs.
Blind Vias PCB Features More Holes
- Blind vias hold reduction capability of trace length and width.
- Blind vias feature cost-effectiveness.
- With all features, they are a bit complex in PCB blind via fabrication process.
What Are The Advantages Of Using Blind Vias PCBs?
In typical through-hole vias PCB, through-hole creates unnecessary holes from the surface layer to the bottom layer. But, in the blind vias PCBs, there is no need for extra drilling. For this, matching impedance is adequately sustained, which helps to keep the consistent signal integrity.
Also, the workload is significantly reduced in blind vias PCB, which increases the lifespan of the PCBs.
Blind Vias PCB Ensure More Space
PCB designs consistently reduce the pad’s and via’s size gradually. If the PCB thickness does not comply with reducing proportionally, the reliability of the PCB will be a failure. The blind vias PCB fixes the matter.
Blind vias PCB ensure more spaces for proper wiring. Also, the appropriate spacing provides shielding for the wiring, which significantly increases the electrical performance of the PCB.
What Are The Essential Considerations About Blind Vias PCB Design?
Before starting blind vias implementation on your blind vias PCBs, there are things to consider. Because there are cost facts, value for money facts are related to this. So, let’s check the items.
The vias’ pads will not fit if you don’t consider the annular ring size. The size of the pad is critical while drilling vias.
Keeping Sufficient Annular Ring Is Essential
Blind Via Aspect Ratio
You need to remember the tiniest acceptable drill size based on the PCB board thickness because the mechanical drill has its limit. So, you have to choose the drill size to its limit to drill the hole before being unreliable.
The standard blind via ratio with the mechanical drill is 10:1. That means, if the board is 62 mils thick, the drill will be six mils. If you need extra smaller holes, you can go for micro stacked vias which feature an aspect ratio of 1:1.
Since via is very tiny in length, you must ensure that your blind vias comprise the signal integrity. You have to remove the leftovers of unnecessary metal after drilling from the hole lines.
The designers must consider the route design and the surroundings. Since the routing area extends over the whole board, you must be careful that drilling does not interfere with the routing routes.
What Are The Types Of Corrosion That Happen In Blind Vias PCBs?
Corrosion is the process of oxidation that drives the conductive metal parts of your blind vias PCB to destruction. When the metal is exposed to the environment, it gradually starts a chemical reaction with oxygen.
Due to moisture and water in the open environment, the oxidation accelerated, and the metal corrodes. There are two types of corrosion that might happen in your blind vias PCB traces and vias.
Corrosion From Flux Leftovers
After completing soldering, you will see some leftovers on the boards. These leftovers cause corrosion if not cleaned properly. Also, the older flux materials may include corrosive compounds that might contribute to decay.
Corrosion Is Destructive For PCBs
After the soldering process is completed, removing any chlorine and other solder flux residues is necessary. Any acid that has been used in the soldering process, on the other hand, must be removed as well.
Galvanic and electrolytic corrosion is both electrochemical. Galvanic corrosion occurs when two metals touch on the PCB blind vias. Ionic pollution speeds up deterioration.
When two or more adjacent traces are polluted by electrolytic solution, electrolytic corrosion happens. In this instance, silvers grow. Metal oxides and hydroxides oxidize metal traces contaminated by water.
How To Prevent Corrosions On Your Blind Vias PCB?
You can conclude that metal components such as copper and other base metals are the ones that erode the most. So, you must guarantee that the metallic components of your blind vias PCB are protected from corrosion.
Conformal Coating Is One Of The Best Solutions Against Corrosion
Corrosion may be prevented, and it is not an arduous task. One of the most effective ways to avoid corrosion is conformal coating. Surface finishes using gold, silver, tin, and nickel, on the other hand, are an efficient option. All of the remedies described above act as protective barriers against oxidation and corrosion.
Besides these, you can use aerosol spray, and solder masks. Also, the epoxy coating would be another best way to protect your boards from corrosion. All that remains is for you to decide the most appropriate option to use.
What Are Some Important EMI Shielding And Filtering Options For Blind Vias PCBs?
EMI refers to Electromagnetic Interference. It does not matter that you follow the best design rules to design your blind vias PCB. Some parts of your PCB will indeed produce EMI. But EMI shielding and filtering can help you to keep the quantity of EMI low.
Following are some effective EMI shielding and filtering that you may use for your PCBs.
- Shielding the components and the PCB board: You can cover your board and other components physically. Physical shielding facilitates encapsulation of the board and its components physically.
Component Shielding Prevents EMI
The shielding technique will prevent the entering of EMI into the circuitry. A Faraday Cage, for example, may be used to encapsulate the board to avoid radiofrequency waves.
- Wire shielding: The wire you use in your blind vias PCBs is the greeted bearer of EMI. Parasite capacitance and inductance create EMI issues in the cables. Shielding wire can reduce the amount of EMI on your PCB.
- Low-passing filter: low-passing filters are often used to ensure the high-frequency. This helps to reduce EMI by facilitating current returning to the ground without interference. And this low-passing filter also eliminates the noises.
What Are The Common Causes Of High Heat In Blind Vias PCBs?
The high heating issue is one of the alarming issues in electronics. High heat can harm and damage your blind vias PCB in many ways. They may help to raise interferences, signal distortion, oxidation, and overall failure.
There are many reasons behind introducing the high heat on the PCBs. Following are some of the high-heat causes in PCBs.
- Malfunctions of PCB parts. Parts malfunctioning reduce the power of heat dissipation.
High Heat Causes Malfunction To The Blind Vias PCB Parts
- Improper soldering of the heatsink. The heatsink may not be able to consume and dissipate the high heat if anything loses the connection.
- Improper device distance can produce high heat.
- High-frequency circuits produce high heat.
- Lead-free solder needs high heat to function correctly.
How Could You Prevent The High Heat On Your Blind Vias PCBs?
There are several effective ways to prevent the rise of high heat. But, these are the combination of various attempts. So, different practical steps may help you reduce the high heat on your blind vias PCBs.
- Proper use of heatsink can help to reduce the high heat. Check the heatsink is appropriately soldered and joint. Heatsink absorbs heat and disperses it into the air.
Properly Placed Heatsink Dissipate The High Heat From PCB
- A fair number of cooling fans will help get the extra heat out of the device using the blind vias PCB.
- Using high-quality materials and components is a must to prevent the rise of high heat on your PCBs. Using FR4, polyimide, Teflon, Aluminum, etc., are some of the high-grade PCB substrates mainly used.
- Using a thick PCB board is another effective solution to prevent high heat. More thickness consumes the heat and dissipates them into the entire board. Proper heat distribution prevents high heat.
- Epoxy lamination should be used to prevent high heat.
What Are The Surface Finishes For The Vias Holes And Pads Of Blind Vias PCBs?
Surface finishes are coating the conductive metals of the blind vias PCBs from oxidation and corrosion. The copper area of the blind vias PCBs can quickly oxidize. The surface finishes are one of the most effective preventions against oxidation.
There are different types of surface finishes or surface coatings available. They are mentioned with their basic features as follows.
- ENIG: Electroless nickel immersion gold finishes are a combination of gold and nickel. Nickel protects the copper, and gold protects the nickel. It is lead-free and RoHS compliant.
ENIG Surface Coating On PCB
- ENEPIG: ENIG is a combination of gold, nickel, and palladium. Palladium is less costly and more efficient. It is also RoHS compliant and lead-free.
- HASL: Hot air solder is the most cost-efficient surface finish, and it is reworkable. But HASL contains lead that is not RoHS compliant.
Among the RoHS compliant surface coatings, immersion silver and immersion tin are also popular. They are cost-effective and efficiently can handle their responsibilities.
What Are The Electrical Properties Of Blind Vias PCB Materials?
You should know the electrical property compliance before choosing PCB material for your blind vias PCB. The material should comply with the range of the following electrical properties.
- Dielectric constant: The typical dielectric constant for the PCB material varies from 3.5 to 5.5. The less dielectric constant consistency, the higher the frequency for the materials. A stable dielectric constant is essential for higher frequency and stable performance.
- Loss Tangent: Low loss tangent is essential for no loss of materials. The typical range of loss tangent varies from 0.02 to 0.001.
- Volume Resistivity: Volume resistivity is the quantity of dielectric material’s resistance to insulation or electricity. High volume resistivity is preferable. The range should be 10^3 to 10^10 MOhm.
What Are The Best Practices To Choose The Substrate For Blind Vias PCBs?
For choosing the blind vias PCB material, you should keep the following things in mind.
- The material you choose for your PCB must comply with the same dielectric constant. Like you need both FR4 and Teflon, then the dielectric of two must be matched.
- Also, the coefficient of thermal expansion must be matched. When the different substrates are exposed to the same temperature, the expansion rate of the substrates must be the same. If not, they will not physically and mechanically comply with each other.
- Use the correct conductive copper foil to ensure circuit stability.
Conductive Copper Foil
- Smooth copper foils help to mitigate losses of the material in the high-frequency. Use smooth copper.
- Try to use high-grade material for high-frequency PCBs instead of FR4.
Why Is Impedance Matching Important For Blind Vias PCB?
The dimensions and position of the conductive trace should be chosen following the features of the blind vias PCB materials. This matching is required for the PCB’s signal strength to be as high as possible. Furthermore, the signal range will be specific. This phenomenon is referred to as impedance matching of the PCB.
The primary purpose of the conductive PCB traces is to carry the signal from the transmitter to the receiver as quickly as possible. Additionally, the signal must be transferred across the travel length of the traces. And it is here that the matching impedance is of the utmost importance.
To ensure that the signal is successfully transmitted, the impedance of the traces must be matched. Because of the distorted signal caused by mismatched impedance, the desired output will not be received.
What Are Some Basic Blind Vias PCB Grounding Rules?
Grounding is the return path of the current flow to the earth to avoid the unusual current. Grounding is one of the essential parts for the blind vias PCBs, for instance, for the electronics for proper functioning.
A Dedicated Grounding Point Is An Ideal Option For Proper Grounding
There are some basic rules of proper grounding. The rules can be mentioned as follows.
- Every component and space of your blind vias PCB should be attached to the ground plane.
- Ensure a dedicated ground layer for the multilayer PCB.
- Ensure a single ground point for all ground lines to meet together.
- Try to keep the number of vias in the ground routes to a bare minimum. More vias face more impedance matching challenges.
- Make sure the grounding before doing routing on the board.
What Features Define A Reliable Blind Vias PCB Manufacturer?
It is essential to catch a reliable, experienced, professional manufacturer to produce the best blind vias PCB.
So, how could you consider a manufacturer perfect among the hundreds of manufacturers?
There are some essential features they must have. Then you can consider them as a perfect manufacturer for your PCB production.
- The manufacturer must have experience in the industry.
- Should be IPC certified.
- Should have great ability to produce large production at a time.
- The manufacturer must have a reliable work environment with the latest technology.
- Large research department.
The features mentioned above verify the manufacturer as a great PCB manufacturer.
We hope you got the things about blind vias PCB. Producing efficient blind vias PCBs is the precondition for a profitable business. You must have a concern about this matter. And a great reliable PCB manufacturer can ensure you excellent quality products.
You can get your PCB production from PCBMay. PCBMay is one of the leading PCB manufacturers in China. We provide excellent quality blind vias PCB production with the utmost experience and skills.