Trustworthy LCD PCB Manufacturer in China
Ordering any type of LCD PCB from China is convenient with PCBMay. Our unmatched customer service and technical expertise guarantee your satisfaction with us.
- LCD PCB assembly and fabrication expert
- RoHS compliant – we are environmentally safe
- Very active participant of PCB international trade shows
- Over 500+ highly qualified employees in our plant
- AOI, Functional Test and E-test 100% Pass
For LCD PCB Needs Count on PCBMay
Can you imagine having best quality LCD PCBs with a very low price? Then, you can contact PCBMay to make this a reality.
Our premium LCD PCBs are used by many leading companies as parts of their digital devices. We also have customers who order customized parts as prototypes or special projects. (We don’t have a minimum order requirement.)
Whatever LCD PCB you demand, PCBMay has it. Call us now to unleash the possibilities!
Types of LCD PCBTo Generate Growth
We Lead the LCD PCB Production in China
How do you know if your LCD PCB maker is competent? You need to see how the parts are made, right? We show you PCBMay’s capabilities in this arena through this short video.
Here, you know for sure you need not worry about manufacturing expertise. Our well-equipped PCB plant can make all types of LCD PCB for your specific requirements. Whether it is a simple LCD for a household appliance or an Aerospace LCD display, we can make it.
Related LCD PCB
LCD PCB Production Details As Following Up
|Base Material||KB、Shengyi、ShengyiSF305、FR408、FR408HR、IS410、FR406、GETEK、370HR、IT180A、Rogers4350B、Rogers4000、PTFE Laminates(Rogers series、Taconic series、Arlon series、Nelco series)、Rogers/Taconic/Arlon/Nelco laminate with FR-4 material(including partial Ro4350B hybrid laminating with FR-4)|
|Board Type||Backplane、HDI、High multi-layer 、blind&buried PCB、Embedded Capacitance、Embedded resistance board 、Heavy copper power PCB、Backdrill.|
|Copper Thickness||Min. 1/2 OZ, Max. 10 OZ|
|Maximum Board Size||1100*500mm(43”*19”)|
|Min laser drilling size||4mil|
|Solder Mask||Green, Black, Blue, Red, White, Yellow,Purple matte/glossy|
|Surface Treatment||Flash gold(electroplated gold)、ENIG、Hard gold、Flash gold、HASL Lead free、OSP、ENEPIG、Soft gold、Immersion silver、Immersion Tin、ENIG+OSP,ENIG+Gold finger,Flash gold(electroplated gold)+Gold finger,Immersion silver+Gold finger,Immersion Tin+Gold finger.|
|Min. Annular Ring||3mil|
|Aspect ratio||10:1(HASL Lead free、HASL Lead、ENIG、Immersion Tin、Immersion silver、ENEPIG);8:1(OSP)|
|Impedance control||±5ohm(＜50ohm), ±10%(≥50ohm)|
|Other Techniques||Blind/Buried Via|
|Via in Pad|
Here there’re many laminate material datasheets, they’re useful and helpful for you, please see them:
|SUPPLIER||PCB LAMINATE||TYPE||MATERIAL DATASHEET||TG||TD||DK(1MHZ)||DK(1GHZ)||DK(10GHZ)|
|Hitachi||MCL-BE- 67G||Modified Epoxy||DOWNLOAD||140||340||4.9||4.4||–|
|N4000-13EP SI||Modified Epoxy||DOWNLOAD||210-240||350||–||3.4||3.2|
|Stablcor||ST325||–||DOWNLOAD||Thermal conductivity:75w/m.k(with 1oz copper)|
|ST10||–||DOWNLOAD||Thermal conductivity:325w/m.k(with 1oz copper)|
|Bergquist||ht-04503||–||DOWNLOAD||Thermal conductivity:2.2w/m.k(with 1oz copper)|
PCBMay offers flexible shipping methods for our customers, you may choose from one of the methods below.
DHL offers international express services in over 220 countries.
DHL partners with PCBMay and offers very competitive rates to customers of PCBMay.
It normally takes 3-7 business days for the package to be delivered around the world.
UPS gets the facts and figures about the world’s largest package delivery company and one of the leading global providers of specialized transportation and logistics services.
It normally takes 3-7 business days to deliver a package to most of the addresses in the world.
TNT has 56,000 employees in 61 countries.
It takes 4-9 business days to deliver the packages to the hands
of our customers.
FedEx offers delivery solutions for customers around the world.
It takes 4-7 business days to deliver the packages to the hands
of our customers.
5. Air, Sea/Air, and Sea
If your order is of large volume with PCBMay, you can also choose
to ship via air, sea/air combined, and sea when necessary.
Please contact your sales representative for shipping solutions.
Note: if you need others, please contact your sales representative for shipping solutions.
On our website you can use the following payment methods:
Telegraphic Transfer(TT): A telegraphic transfer (TT) is an electronic method of transferring funds utilized primarily for overseas wire transactions. It’s very convenient to transfer.
Bank/Wire transfer: To pay by wire transfer using your bank account, you need to visit your nearest bank branch with the wire transfer information. Your payment will be completed 3-5 business days after you have finished the money transfer.
Paypal: Pay easily, fast and secure with PayPal. many other credit and debit cards via PayPal.
Credit Card: You can pay with credit card: Visa, Visa Electron, MasterCard, Maestro.
We Have What It Takes to be Your LCD PCB Provider
Are you bogged down by unreliable PCB manufacturers, who are cheap but not dependable? Then stop right there! Switch to PCBMay, because we have the right options for all your LCD PCB needs.
- Count on our strict and safe PCB manufacturing process
- We make all types of LCD PCB to support industrial and commercial use
- Strongly built to withstand outdoor elements (for industrial applications)
- Supports sunlight-readable feature of device
- Compatible with potentiometer for proper screen dimming
We are a company that values honest communication Anytime, 24/7, you can contact us if you have questions about your circuit board. We have people on hand to answer inquiries about your LCD PCB.
For example, you need EMS PCB manufacturing help, or you need Backdrill PCB services done for your LCB PCB. With engineering and other technical-related questions, we’ll get back to you in one to two hours. For sales matters, we can give a quick quote in a matter of minutes.
Rest assured that we strictly follow international rules on environment management. We also execute professionalism by upholding IS0 9000:2015 guidelines. As a result, you are treated to comprehensive customer care and customer relationship building. We don’t just see to your LCD PCB needs, we will take care of our partnership.
For large orders, we can provide a free sample as well as a soldering sample. We want to make you feel sure that we got your LCD PCB specs precisely right.
As you see, if you buy from us, you’ll be making the right choice. Contact PCBMay now for incomparable service as well as great LCD PCBs!
LCD PCB | The Ultimate FAQ Guide
Are you looking to manufacture LCD monitors? Then you need LCD PCBs to power and control your LCDs, because circuit boards are essential in your electronic device.
Before beginning the manufacture of LCD PCBs, you need to know a lot of facts about the LCD PCBs boards. Info about the manufacturing process, material selections, types of boards, and manufacturer are key factors you need to know.
We will discuss and answer several questions about LCD PCBs in this FAQ article. Go through the entire article to get basic facts about LCD PCB monitor PCB boards.
- What Is an LCD PCB?
- What Are the Design Procedures for LCD PCB?
- What Are the Types of LCD PCB?
- What Are The Different Types of Displays Available?
- What Are the Applications of the LCD PCB?
- What Is a Non-Wetting Defect and How Does it Happen to the LCD PCB?
- How to Prevent Non-Wetting Defects on LCD PCBs?
- What Is Polyamide Material on LCD PCB?
- What Are the Advantages of Using Polyamide Material to Make LCD PCB?
- What Are the Features of the LCD Controller Board?
- What Does Impedance Matching Mean? Why Is it Important?
- What Are Multilayer Stack-Ups on the LCD PCB?
- What Are Vias and their Uses in LCD PCBs?
- What Factors That Impact Choosing LCD PCB Thickness?
- How Do You Test LCD PCB Quality?
- How Can You Extend the Lifespan of LCD PCB?
- Why Should You Monitor Your LCD PCB’s Temperature?
- How Do You Choose a Perfect LCD PCB Manufacturer?
What Is an LCD PCB?
LCD is an abbreviation for Liquid Crystal Display. Pictures are produced when various electrical voltages are applied to a display device. A display device is an electronic display device that creates images.
You need to apply voltage to a liquid crystal layer to induce the optical features of the liquid crystal layer.
The LCD is usually thought of as a collection of diodes. The pictures are produced by the diodes using small cells and ionized gasses. Aside from that, the LCD is based on the light modulation characteristic, which is a mechanism for transmitting and receiving signals via light.
On the other hand, the printed circuit board (PCB) is the controller board of any electronic device. A Printed Circuit Board (PCB) comprises many components and conductive lines that are hidden from view from the end-user.
So a PCB that is utilized for controlling LCD screens is referred to as the LCD PCB. LCD PCBs are made of different materials such as FR4, Polyamide, and Teflon among others.
What Are the Design Procedures for LCD PCB?
To make an LCD PCB, you need to follow specific design procedures. There are a lot of things to consider. For starters, the LCD PCB design begins with drawing the schematic. Here is a further step-by-step design procedure of LCD PCB production.
The first step to designing an LCD PCB is to start with a schematic. First, you need to draw a schematic of your LCD PCB. You can say the schematic is your circuit’s blueprint.
Schematic for an LCD PCB
The schematic will show the components you will use for your PCB. Also, it directs how you will connect the components and the relationship between the group of components.
After creating the schematic, you have to create a blank LCD PCB layout on your computer design tool. Now, import the schematic of the LCD PCB to the blank layout by schematic capture tool.
Implement the schematic to design the layout of the LCD PCB.
Determine the stack-up of your LCD PCB with multilayers. You can set any number for the PCB layers you want. You can use the layer stack-up manager to define and design the layers.
Printing The PCB
After finalizing the PCB layout and layers, you must print the PCB layout on the PCB board. For printing the layout of your LCD PCB, you can use 3D or laser printing. Etch the conductive traces to ensure the electric current flows to the components.
You can see the following video that how laser printing works for printing a PCB:
After finishing the successful printing of your LCD PCB, it is time to assemble the PCB. You can use an automated process or manually arrange and place them on your PCB board.
Your PCB is ready for trace routing when you complete the component placement. Connect the components where needed. Ensure the correct routing so that the board can function correctly.
Now, you have successfully designed your LCD PCB to perform.
What Are the Types of LCD PCB?
In terms of rigidity and layers, there are six types of LCD PCBs available. We are going to review them below.
Single-Sided LCD PCB
Single-sided PCBs are the most common type of PCBs. Primarily, a single conductive layer features the single-sided PCB. You will see all components on one side. The entire etched section is on the other side of the PCB.
Two-Sided LCD PCB
As the name describes, the two-sided or double-sided PCB has two conductive layers. You can connect the two conductive layers by drilled holes. These holes are called vias.
Multilayer LCD PCB
Multilayer PCBs are PCBs that have at least three conductive layers. The layers are stacked up in multiple layers. Primarily, adhesive and high pressure attach sandwich-fashion conductive layers to form a multilayer PCB.
Flexible PCB of a POV LCD Display
Rigid-flex PCBs are a combination of rigid and flexible PCBs. The flexible part of the rigid-flex PCB is used for connecting narrower parts of the rigid boards.
What Are The Different Types of Displays Available?
Besides the LCD monitor PCB boards, other types of displays are available. Following are the different displays available in the monitor industry.
There are CRT monitors, which stand for Cathode Ray Tubes. The majority of its early usage came in the form of TV monitors. CRT displays employ high-energy electrons to create images on a fluorescent screen.
LED stands for Light-Emitting Diode. It is one of the latest display technologies in the market. LED monitors are kind of flat panels or slightly curved. LED panels create high contrast images with less negative impact tone.
OLED stands for Organic Light-Emitting Diode. This is another technological development in the display sector. OLED produces high-quality pictures. It is brighter, thinner, and powers a better refresh rate. AMOLED monitors are a sub-type of OLED.
What Are the Applications of the LCD PCB?
LCD PCBs have a vast application in the monitor industry. LCD monitors have become popular because of their high quality and cost-effectiveness.
The most popular of application is the LCD TV PCB board. These are used for high contrast television monitors. LCD is a cheaper alternative to plasma monitors.
LCD TV PCB Board
The following are other different applications of LCD display PCBs aside from TV displays.
- LCD PCB powers up calculator LCDs.
- Aircraft cockpit console monitors use LCDs.
- Lab instruments use LCD PCBs.
- Computer monitors use LCD PCBs for high contrast, more explicit images.
- Smartphones use LCD monitors.
- Digital cameras use LCDs.
- Besides aircraft, other console panels use LCD monitors.
- Monitors for advertising and info monitors use LCD panels.
- LCD PCBs are used for LCD pic projects.
- LCD PCB repair consoles use LCDs to check the LCD monitors during the repair.
What Is a Non-Wetting Defect and How Does it Happen to the LCD PCB?
When soldering the base metal of LCD PCB boards together, you may find that the solder does not adhere properly. When the melted solder fails to form a connection, this is referred to as a non-wetting defect of the printed circuit boards.
Non-Wetting Soldering Defect on PCB
As a result, the solder materials do not conform to the requirement to attach to the PCB pads firmly. The boards’ surface materials are revealed due to the non-wetting flaw. Furthermore, the non-wetting issue contributes to the inability to create holes in the boards.
Reason Behind the Non-Wetting Defect
There are different causes behind the non-wetting defects. They are as follows:
- Inappropriate and inadequate PCB surface finish
- Inefficient pin coating
- Older degraded flux is used before and after soldering
- Use of wrong flux
- Improper and wrong thickness of the surface coating
- Inappropriate resin employment
- Storing the LCD PCB for a long time
- Corrosion and oxidation
- Wrong solder pasting
- Insufficient heat for soldering
- Too short and long time for soaking the board in the chemical
- Material mismatch
How to Prevent Non-Wetting Defects on LCD PCBs?
You may follow the following steps to fix the non-wetting defects on your LCD PCBs:
- Take proper action to prevent oxidation. Oxidation is one of the biggest causes of non-wetting defects.
- Keep the minimum temperature differential to adjust the reflow profile of your board. You can do this by changing the wet area.
- Overheating is another big reason behind the defect. It increases the defect by degrading the flux activity on the board. Keep the temperature as moderate as needed.
- Be warned. Do not reduce the temperature too low, because the parts may not be adequately wetted. You need to ensure the proper reflow temperature for proper wetting of the materials.
- Reduce the soaking time during the reflowing process. This will ensure that the flux used in the soldering process is correctly activated and that any oxides are removed.
- Ensure a suitable environment for the storing purpose of your PCB. A quality storage system is provided with quality maintenance over time.
- Employ high-quality surface finishes on your PCB.
- Use quality fresh solder paste for proper wetting.
What Is Polyamide Material on LCD PCB?
Polyamide, commonly known as polyimide, is a PCB board material used to fabricate flexible printed circuit boards. Polyamide is made from a variety of materials, including silk and wool. It is widely utilized in the mass fabrication of LCD PCBs.
Polyamide Fabric Material
The imide structure, which various chemistries may create, is the most important component of a synthetic polyamide. Maleic anhydride and bismaleimides are the two most widely used processes for manufacturing polyamide.
Different processes produce different types of polyamides as follows.
- Pure Polyamide: Pure polyamide is formed without applying a brominated flame retardant during the forming process. You might also refer to it as second-generation polyamide. Pure polyamides are more thermally stable.
- Filled Polyamide: To make filled polyamide, the materials polyamide and filler must be combined. Polyamide aids in becoming thermally stable, and the filler aids in the reduction of polymer contraction of the PCB.
- Low-flow Polyamide: Low-flow polyamides are less flexible. Different types of resins and flow restrictors are used to form low-flow polyamide.
- 3rd Gen Polyamide: More electrical fires may be prevented by using 3rd generation polyamide. However, they are less stable in heat. They also reduce the amount of heat generated, thus speeding up manufacturing.
What Are the Advantages of Using Polyamide Material to Make LCD PCB?
Because of its flexibility and strength, there is a massive demand for polyamide in the PCB industry. Another point to consider, the use of suitable substrates in the right place is why this material is widely sought after.
Flexible PCBs Are Made of Polyamide Materials
The following are some significant advantages that polyamide has:
- The most common reason to use polyamide is its suberb flexibility. It is mainly used to produce flexible, rigid-flex LCD PCBs.
- Polyamide is robust as well as flexible. This makes the polyamide suitable for any extensive PCB making.
- The thermal stability of the polyamide is excellent. They can tolerate up to 260° C. Polyamide can resist thermal damage because of its good thermal conductivity.
- Polyamide is also stable in extensive chemical conditions. Its corrosion resistivity after being exposed is sound.
What Are the Features of the LCD Controller Board?
The LCD controller board is the board that regulates the LCD’s functions. The controller board creates video signals and connects them to various video sources. Then the board creates the visibility of the videos on the LCD when they are connected.
LCD Controller Board
Aside from this function, you may use the controller to operate your LCDs remotely.
The following are some excellent features of LCD controller boards:
- The LCD controller boards are capable of displaying images in ultra-high resolution. The resolution may be as high as 3840 x 2160 pixels per point.
- You may use the on-screen menus to control the device and upgrade the firmware.
- The controller board provides flexibility in terms of input and output options. This includes fan control and LCD dimming, among other things.
- The LCD controller conforms with the HDMI 2.0, HDCP2, display port. It follows RoHS standards and regulations.
- By changing pixels, the controller board makes it easier to maintain screen uniformity.
- The capability for managing heat control is included.
- There is a remote control system that uses infrared rays for added security.
What Does Impedance Matching Mean? Why Is it Important?
Impedance in LCD PCBs measures opposition to electrical flow, which is something measured in ohms. This measurement is vital for the operation of the circuits in high frequency.
Meanwhile, impedance matching is the arrangement for the maximum power transmission and minimum signal interference through the conductive traces of the PCBs.
Suppose you did not design the conductive traces with proper design rules. Then, the impedance for the traces will be mismatched. Due to this, your PCB traces will not behave normally.
The mismatch in environment and design will lead your PCBs to have signal interference. Also, you will likely experience inefficient power transmission. On the other hand, the controlled or matched impedance helps traces to pass signals without a hitch.
You can say that if you want optimum performance, controlled impedance is desired. This is particularly true for high-frequency PCBs.
What Are Multilayer Stack-Ups on the LCD PCB?
The PCB layer stack-up is the process of placing the copper layers and insulating layers one on top of the other. This facilitates you to design and implement many conductive layers of the LCD PCBs in a single PCB.
Standard Multilayer PCB Stack-Up
Multilayer stack-up is the central theme of the multilayer PCBs. Multilayer stack up provides you with the following advantages:
- Multilayer stack-up reduces noise, crosstalk, and radiation.
- It will protect your PCBs from damage during high frequency operations.
- You can minimize the size of the PCBs to fit compact places. R
- Adequately designed stack-up increases mechanical and electrical capabilities.
- Reduction of cost is possible due to a combination of the factors mentioned above.
What Are Vias and their Uses in LCD PCBs?
Vias are plated holes in the printed circuit boards. Vias connect the layers, traces, pads, and polygons of a multilayer PCB.
Vias are little copper cylinders constructed of copper and are used in printed circuit boards. You need to install vias by drilling the PCB boards.
Vias in PCBs
There are different types of vias available. They are:
- Through-Hole Vias – Blind vias are drilled from the top layer of the LCD PCBs to the bottom layer through the internal layers.
- Blind Vias – You will see the blind vias are drilled from a surface layer to an internal layer.
- Buried Vias – Buried vias are mainly hidden vias. They are drilled inside the layers, not shown from the outer layers.
- Microvia – Microvias are the most progressive vias that connect board layers. These are used in the PCBs with HDI as a norm.
Mainly, vias provide conductive paths to the layer to layer in a multilayer PCB. These conductive paths ensure the electrical and thermal energy of the different layers.
The following video demonstrates the different types of vias:
What Factors That Impact Choosing LCD PCB Thickness?
Besides the industry standard, the LCD PCB thickness varies due to several factors. The following are the reasons that impact the thickness of PCBs.
Different Entities Define The PCB Thickness
- PCB size, flexibility, and weight
- Copper thickness determined to use in the PCB
- Board materials impacting thickness because different materials hold different thicknesses
- Number of layers of the PCB (more the layers mean increased thickness)
- Via type used
- Environment PCB is designed for
How Do You Test LCD PCB Quality?
Testing is among the most essential steps in manufacturing PCBs. Employ proper testing to ensure the required design facts for your LCD PCBs. The following are the most robust testing methods you can use for testing LCD PCBs.
In-Circuit Testing (ICT)
ICT is the most common type of PCB testing. It is also known as a bed of nails testing. The ICT powers up and actuate every circuit on the board. The probes used in the ICT testing create a specific pressure range on the circuits.
The pressure verifies the circuits are strong enough or not.
Automated Optical Inspection (AOI)
In AOI, you have to use two 3D or one 2D camera to take photos of every board detail. Then, you need to compare the photos to the schematic of the LCD PCB. The PCB is okay if the comparison verifies that the board and the schematic are the same.
AOI Takes Photos of PCB for Comparison
In X-ray testing, you will be able to find the tiny faults on your PCBs. X-ray testing is more known as an early testing method.
How Can You Extend the Lifespan of LCD PCB?
You cannot expect that your LCD PCB will last forever. But, that does not mean you cannot extend the lifespan of your PCBs. If you follow the following tips, you can extend the life cycle of your PCB significantly.
Keeping LCD PCB Clean for Longer Life Cycle
To extend the life cycle of your PCB significantly, you can:
- Regularly remove dust with care.
- Check the PCB components and soldering regularly if they are working well.
- Test the connections periodically.
- Check the conformal coating, surface finish, and epoxy coating of the PCBs. If they are outdated, install a new coating.
- Keep the PCBs away from moisture and corrosive environments. You can use moisture vapor barrier bags.
- Establish your electronic storeroom in a space with reliable temperature, which is dirt-free.
Why Should You Monitor Your LCD PCB’s Temperature?
Temperature is a vital fact in electronics. High heat or excessive heat can harm your LCD PCBs in many ways. You need to monitor your LCD PCBs’ temperature else, the following harm can occur to your PCB:
High Temperature Can Damage the PCB
- Excessive heat damages the physical integrity of your PCB. As a result, you will face structural malfunctions.
- High heat damages the circuit lines. This causes interruption in signals.
- Excessive heat also causes an imbalance in material expansion. Coefficients of thermal expansion rate also are different for different substrates.
- Oxidation is another big flaw of high heat that leads your PCB to corrosion.
How Do You Choose a Perfect LCD PCB Manufacturer?
Finding a reliable manufacturer for LCD PCBs is crucial. A highly skilled and experienced manufacturer can provide you with the best quality products. To find out the best PCB manufacturer, you should check the following criteria:
- The manufacturer should have intensive experience in the PCB industry.
- The manufacturer should have skilled and professional staff.
- The manufacturer must ensure an extensively reliable and large workplace.
- The manufacturer uses high-grade components and materials for manufacturing PCBs.
- The manufacturer can meet the deadline.
- The latest and modern technology is ensured in the workplace.
As An LCD PCB enthusiast, you need proper knowledge about this type of PCB. We hope that this guide reconciled you with the type of information you need. Already, you might sense that a highly experienced manufacturer can help you produce high-quality PCBs for your business.
You may choose us, PCBMay, as your PCB manufacturer. We are a highly professional LCD PCB manufacturer in China. We have been successfully manufacturing all sorts of high-end PCBs for an extended period. You can contact us today to get the best quote for your LCD PCBs.